• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> it isn't a type of map that would be "ripped off"

That's also not the point.
Don't know how to make Tavern Heroes unique?
Can't get a multiboard to work?
Your spawns don't go anywhere?
How does -repick work?
-reverse is too difficult?

And a couple other things.

All of that is covered.

You can fully concentrate on the Heroes and Items.

If nothing else, you can use it as inspiration. Or an example on how not to do things :D

Outbreak191

Reaction score
AceHart said:
> a) Default WC3 Heroes

These Heroes are much more balanced than some custom ones I've seen.

And, actually, given that noone ever uses them, they are somewhat new... :p

True but if I join any hero based map with the default heroes it automatically makes me think the maker is really lazy.

T

ThE-eNiGmA

Wow, I have heard mention of the Ryoko's project, but thats the first time I have actually seen what it is. Wow. I like the idea of a template... it is time consuming (even if you already know how/ have the ability) to set up a system.
Not to mention that I hate terraining with a passion. I might just give this some quality time...

As for DotA itself, come on, BALANCED? Where have you been playing? Every new hero release somehow comes out being rigged, despite "testing." Come on. Why don't we do this the opposite way? Make it weak, so that noobs who try to use it get ticked off and owned, then just beef it in the next version.

Don't get me wrong, I play it often. But usually with a friend of mine :) . Yeah, there is definitely an elitist culture out there. There are also some really rigged hero combinations that you just can't get with other heros. So many heros, so many mediocre ones.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Code:
As for DotA itself, come on, BALANCED? Where have you been playing? Every new hero release somehow comes out being rigged, despite "testing." Come on. Why don't we do this the opposite way? Make it weak, so that noobs who try to use it get ticked off and owned, then just beef it in the next version.

what are you crazy i have played DOTA for a long time and it is very BALANCED. i know y alot of people hate the game because they dont even know how to MICRO and play the standarded game.

Code:
Don't get me wrong, I play it often. But usually with a friend of mine  . Yeah, there is definitely an elitist culture out there.

Are you good at it?

Code:
There are also some really rigged hero combinations that you just can't get with other heros. So many heros, so many mediocre ones.

what do you mean rigged? All heros are balanced but it depends on what items you get.

Code:
section breaker

I real question is do you guys hate dota or icefrog? And lots ofpeople say there are better mapps then dota. if so I ask you y they havnt been big in B.net

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
One thing about micro-ing in dota, it's pretty much point, click, dead, walk to fountain, bye items, repeat.

-edit- and why is dota so popular, do a forum search, there's half a dozen threads out there.

-edit #2- and Ace, about using the template as sort of a way to help yourself, I agree 110%.

U are a noob

Reaction score
PB_and_J said:
One thing about micro-ing in dota, it's pretty much point, click, dead, walk to fountain, bye items, repeat.

-edit- and why is dota so popular, do a forum search, there's half a dozen threads out there.

-edit #2- and Ace, about using the template as sort of a way to help yourself, I agree 110%.
theres much more stuff then that trust me

Sargon

Reaction score
PB_and_J said:

If you're going to over-simplify it to that level, you might as well say that every AoS in existence is like that. OH NO, they all have no micro now!

U are a noob

Reaction score
i have heard from like every one that dota is not made by icefrog right?
and people sadi his friedn gave it to him so doesnt that make it his by right?
its like when your parents die and left you money

Sargon

Reaction score
uareanoob said:
i have heard from like every one that dota is not made by icefrog right?
and people sadi his friedn gave it to him so doesnt that make it his by right?
its like when your parents die and left you money

Icefrog is merely the person who is currently updating it. He did not create the original map.

Sargon

Reaction score
uareanoob said:
i know did you read first sentence?

I did indeed. I was confirming what you said (responding to the "right?" part).

Outbreak191

Reaction score
If someone made this template into a finished map they would've done more than IceFrog. As for DOTA being good..... There are hundreds of AoS' out there all on about the same or even a better level than DotA and yet everyone stills plays DotA. Thats why everyone hates it (especially those who have made AoS' that havent got anywhere).

T

ThE-eNiGmA

Heres a response to the "Heros are balanced." Balanced with items? That is time consuming, not to mention that the other, better heros will be owning you while you try to acquire said balancing items. Might I mention those same heroes will beef themselves up to nerf your balancing items?

My skill level is irrevelant as to my opinion. Yes, a skilled player can probably take any hero and make him good. An even less skilled player can probably take a good hero and make him better than the skilled player with the average hero. Haven't you ever played AP? Try taking notes on which heroes show up the most...

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
make sure u try AP with fully good people though
most pubbies pick the easiest hero not always the best

T

ThE-eNiGmA

Granted, but I am just pointing out that some heros are kind of overpicked.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
uareanoob said:
what do you mean rigged? All heros are balanced but it depends on what items you get.

You gotta be smoking crack

Naix can die all game, once hes level 10 he'll own any caster with just bands. Put naix against Necrolyte - see who dies.

Spirit Breaker too. Put necro against spirit breaker, with items of equal value

Fucking gay push around spell owns him every time. He has zero chance.

The only thing he is good for if someone ELSE wears them down, and necro ult. Thats it.

Game really sucks when its like "Oh he saw me, therefore, I am dead."

U are a noob

Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
You gotta be smoking crack

Naix can die all game, once hes level 10 he'll own any caster with just bands. Put naix against Necrolyte - see who dies.

Spirit Breaker too. Put necro against spirit breaker, with items of equal value

Fucking gay push around spell owns him every time. He has zero chance.

The only thing he is good for if someone ELSE wears them down, and necro ult. Thats it.

Game really sucks when its like "Oh he saw me, therefore, I am dead."
You really belive all that i can make anti to all of them.

>Naix can die all game, once hes level 10 he'll own any caster with just bands. Put naix against Necrolyte - see who dies.

get a black king bar with treads sange and yasha loahars and dagger of espae
just wind walk when close attack then blink with daggerand reapeat and you got it.

>Spirit Breaker too. Put necro against spirit breaker, with items of equal value

omg did you see what i wrote all heros are balacned it depends on the items you get.
these are what you get to bet him.

get the cyclone thing with linkens sphere and his ult will be blocked levae him open to a dagon blast doing 900 then if bashed him with basher you should be able to get down to have then us ult and game voer spirit breaker.

>Fucking gay push around spell owns him every time. He has zero chance.

set up wards then so theres a good chance you dont get pulled. plus all you need is a lothars and dagger and you can esapce.

>The only thing he is good for if someone ELSE wears them down, and necro ult. Thats it.

nope you jsut need right items like sheep thingy you turn him in to a sheep damge him and bash.then have a cyclone so it gvies time for colddowns then you just repeat and you should be good to go.

>Game really sucks when its like "Oh he saw me, therefore, I am dead."

if you blevie that then same thing applys for TD's"oh shit i forgot to build a tower i am dead"
or what aboutin a ladder match o shit "i lost all units therefore i lose"

how bout you learn when a player levaes lane.
and if playing with good allys they can help you

Code:
section breaker
its not that hard to beat the combos you gave me.
its just a matter of skill you got to become good to understand how to play.
plus all of you guys who play ap must have a preset plan cuz i always play ar sm dm. and with those random heros i always come out owning.

Sargon

Reaction score
uareanoob said:
god damn if you blevie that then same thing applys for TD's"oh shit i forgot to build a tower i am dead"
or what aboutin a ladder match o shit "i lost all units therefore i lose"

Umm...no. I don't know how you come to this conclusion, but it makes absolutely no logical sense. By equating being seen by the other guy to losing all units in a ladder match, you basically admit that being seen by the other guy in that situation does indeed lead to your death. So you're arguing against yourself. Good job.

U are a noob

Reaction score
Sargon said:
Umm...no. I don't know how you come to this conclusion, but it makes absolutely no logical sense. By equating being seen by the other guy to losing all units in a ladder match, you basically admit that being seen by the other guy in that situation does indeed lead to your death. So you're arguing against yourself. Good job.
ok then try this out

you et the other guy see your army in a ladder game and now he knows how to anti your army and win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.