Double Hit Skill (Melee)

TzalDadok

Reaction score
I made this skill called "Weapon Specilization". Gives a chance to the hero to attack twice, the hing is i'm not sure if it works, I try paying attention but I can't really figure out if it works or not.

Trigger:
  • Weapon Specialization
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Arms Warrior
    • Actions
      • Set WeaponSpecialization_Damage = (Damage taken)
      • Set WeaponSpecialization_RandomNum = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Weapon Specialization for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • WeaponSpecialization_RandomNum Less than or equal to 5
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing WeaponSpecialization_Damage damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
              • Animation - Play (Attacking unit)'s attack slam animation
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Weapon Specialization for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • WeaponSpecialization_RandomNum Less than or equal to 10
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing WeaponSpecialization_Damage damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
                • Else - Actions
                  • Do nothing
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Weapon Specialization for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • WeaponSpecialization_RandomNum Less than or equal to 15
                    • Then - Actions
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Do nothing
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Weapon Specialization for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 4
                    • Then - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • WeaponSpecialization_RandomNum Less than or equal to 20
                        • Then - Actions
                        • Else - Actions
                          • Do nothing
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Do nothing

Thanks for your help. :D

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that you can make a unit hit double by chance without the need of triggers.
You can use the orb of lightning ability in combination with searing arrows for example.
Set a percentage chance for the orb of lightning ability and make the damage bonus of searing arrows to be equal to 0.
I havent really tried this myself but i have heared from many sources that it works.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I just tested it out.
Works for melee attacks perfectly fine.
The attacker does not play his attack animation twice of course but the doubled damage is being dealt.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
I recall using Orb of Lightning to be abuse-able due to the attack event of the ability.

But if you are going to use it, you pretty much take the Item Ability Orb of Lightning and make it a Unit ability.
Then the section:
Data - Effect Ability (Defaulty set to Item Purge (2) )
Must be set to your ability (based of Searing Arrows in this case)

But obviously searing arrows must have the the projectile the same as your attack projectile and range etc etc.

Is there a particular step you dont understand?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I recall using Orb of Lightning to be abuse-able due to the attack event of the ability.

But if you are going to use it, you pretty much take the Item Ability Orb of Lightning and make it a Unit ability.
Then the section:
Data - Effect Ability (Defaulty set to Item Purge (2) )
Must be set to your ability (based of Searing Arrows in this case)

But obviously searing arrows must have the the projectile the same as your attack projectile and range etc etc.

Is there a particular step you dont understand?
If its a melee attack the missle and range of searing arrows doesnt matter.
One known bug with the "orb of lightning" is that the effect is nullified if the units current order is "no order".
Just make sure you order your units to attack or to smart and everything will work out fine.

TzalDadok

Reaction score
Ok i don't know why still doesn't work.

Here is the spell based of Orb of Lightning:

689b1w.jpg

And here the spell based of Searing Arrows:

i7699u.jpg

Thanks for your help. :D

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
How do you know it is not working?
It does not have a projectile. so you cannot visually see any change other than the health.
Also, you should probably add some sort of Cooldown to the Searing Arrows. Thats the easiest way to check if it runs.

TzalDadok

Reaction score
Yes of course, sorry... "attack slam" animation. The fact it doesn't do it. How can I play the animation?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you need to start the stand animation first, units cant go from attack to attack something else instantly, they need to go back to standing first

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes of course, sorry... "attack slam" animation. The fact it doesn't do it. How can I play the animation?

Unfortunately you cant since there is no trigger response for the use of abilities like searing arrows. in this case you would really need to trigger the whole double attack a little more complex.

StEaLtHmAn

Reaction score
I looked into this yesterday and for melee it is pointless having a double attack with the orb's affect since it wont be seen, the double attack might as well be 2x crit... Works well with ranged hero's though.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
double crit doesnt have a chance for non-orb proc effects, ie: bash
double hit does
also, you can add crit for a double hit, and 1 could crit while the other does not

Linconius

Reaction score
If its a melee attack the missle and range of searing arrows doesnt matter.
One known bug with the "orb of lightning" is that the effect is nullified if the units current order is "no order".
Just make sure you order your units to attack or to smart and everything will work out fine.

To fix this, maybe have a trigger where:

Event: A Unit is attacked

Condition: AttackingUnit has ability (Orb of Lightning)

Actions:

If AttackingUnit is in (Global Group: OLAttackers)

Remove AttackingUnit from OLAttackers

Else

Add AttackingUnit to OLAttackers
Issue order target (AttackingUnit, "attack" TriggeringUnit)

This code should ensure that the unit is always using an issued attack. Since it is already attacking, the order shouldn't affect the units current attack, and it will change the order before Orb of Lightning is triggered, since Unit is Attacked is triggered way before the damage of an attack. And OLAttackers (the global unitgroup in the code) ensures that the trigger does not loop and force thw unit to continue attacking forever.

Hope that helps

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The code posted above can be simplified alot if you just do:
Code:
Events
 unit is being attacked
Conditions
 level of orb of lightning dummy ability for attacking untit > 0
 current order of attacking unit == ""
Actions
 issue order to attacking unit to "attack" triggering unit
That would force the unit to use the attack command just as well.
But there is indeed a problem. If a unit is ordered to attack a target it will always follow its target and fight it until either of both is dead. This does not happen if the unit attacks its target through the standard AI target acquisition.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.