Downloading errors

G

Gudlain

Ok... I read the FAQ and I want this War3Color program. I'm using a less advanced one, and this one would prove better, since in the one I downloaded, to get "Welcome to this game", in plain green, I have to copy paste - |c00008000W|r|c00008000e|r|c00008000l|r|c00008000c|r|c00008000o|r|c00008000m|r|c00008000e|r|c00008000 |r|c00008000t|r|c00008000o|r|c00008000 |r|c00008000m|r|c00008000y|r|c00008000 |r|c00008000g|r|c00008000a|r|c00008000m|r|c00008000e|r, and sometimes it can be annoting, since it makes every letter in that color... So I decided to download the other one in the FAQ. So I click on the link that brings me to http://www20.brinkster.com/magos818/cprog/war3colour.html Then I click on the link to download the program. It then brings me to http://www.fortunecity.com/denial/denial.html and says : "In order for us to continue to provide our members with the first-class service they expect, we don't allow people to link files from sites hosted with other providers." So... do I have to join Fortunecity or something, or is something not working... Any help please?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok I'm confused, I just went to that page again to try and download the program, and I downloaded it without any problems.

Rapmaster, any idea what causes that error in the first post to be given?

G

Gudlain

Awsome it worked... Now I need some help on how to work the UMS world editor, I dloaded it but it came with no readme on how to successfully work it... Any help would be nice...:confused:

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it does have a readme, but I'll get it again just to make sure.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I didn't get it again, cause its 3.6mb and I'm on 56k.

If you got version 3.6, then there is definitely a readme file there. I'm pretty sure its standard on all releases.

The file is called "UMSWE-Readme.txt".

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Darg
Ok I'm confused, I just went to that page again to try and download the program, and I downloaded it without any problems.

Rapmaster, any idea what causes that error in the first post to be given?

The server is set up to only allow the download if the file is linked to by a web page from that site. (To prevent bandwidth leeching.)

However it doesn't seem to be blocking me from doing it anymore, so who knows.

G

Gudlain

Ok i'm an idiot... I just didn't look hard enough for the readme
(Smack)
Oh well ty for the help... now hopefully I have the neccisary skills to make the map I want to :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.