Drastically decreasing custom model file size

Valtarian

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm interested in importing roughly... 20-30 custom models from hiveworkshop, the problem is though is that they're all 80-500kb. That would run up the map file size like CRAZY and probably go beyond Warcraft III's limits.

Is there any way to decrease the file size of the models? I can't find any tools online.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Remember the 8mb limit is only true if you want the map to be played on battle.net. If it is a single player map it doesn't matter.

There is a method to reduce the map size overall. Its a map protection as well. Can't remember the name.

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
There's no way to decrease each models file size without actually editing the model
itself to reduce the number of pollies and particles etc. What I can suggest is try using
skins, they're small in file size and can give you a great result. If you have to use custom models, look for ones with low file size. Many of the comments that the users make on
the models posted on hive will tell you whether the filesize for the model is good compared
to how well the model was made.

As a side note, you don't need many custom models to make a great map :)

junicobakura

Reaction score
Tools:
MDX Squisher - Slightly Reduces a Model Size
Map Optimizer - Slightly Reduces a Map Size , also Prevents the Map from being opened with WE

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.