UK News Droughts may last until December!

MrBrooks

Brooooooooooown!
Reaction score
Official drought zones have been declared in a further 17 English counties, as a warning came that water shortages could last until Christmas. The Environment Agency said dry weather over the past few months had left some rivers in England exceptionally low. It has now extended its "drought map" into the Midlands and the South West. Officials say public water supplies are unlikely to be affected by the continuing drought, but are reiterating calls for water to be used wisely.

England's South West and the Midlands have moved into official drought status after two dry winters "left rivers and ground waters depleted", the agency said.

Read more here!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
We dont get a single sunny day this spring and they have a drought ><.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
My county shares a border with a drought zone... and here was me thinking those reservoirs we have would do us fine :rolleyes:
I mean, seriously. We live in *England*. The country where it is considered a national pastime to moan about the weather. Why on earth do we not have the capability to deal with these things?! It's not like there is no precedent...

I guess at least it's not affecting the public water supply yet...

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
How does the weather forecast know the weather of next saturday? :)
They don't It's Just a prediction and mostly Bullshit.
Well, you see "weather can change so quickly. Right? so

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
They don't It's Just a prediction and mostly Bullshit.
Well, you see "weather can change so quickly. Right? so

That's how they do it with drought prediction too. They "guess". They might have to guess the situation far more distant in time, but I'd say local weather conditions are much more volatile than what they have to take into consideration.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
I thought the title said, "Donuts may last until December!" ...

My stomach is sad now :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.