"dummy auras/passives"

N

nHol

I've read about dummy auras and I think I have the gist of it down:

You put an aura/passive in a spellbook and then disable the spellbook but the aura/passive still works - it just has no icon to represent it. Right?

The question then (assuming I understand correctly) is this: Does the dummy aura still take up a button slot even tho it's invisible? Because obviously the information is still being retained somewhere even if it isn't visible to the player. Basically I want to know if I can give a player say 8 different dummy auras this way. Or 13 or 20. Or only 3, but to a unit that only has 2 icon slots left.

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
Disabling an ability makes it unavailable for that player's units. However, this passives-still-work bug is great to hide passive spells' icons, but make sure they continue to work. All passives will work with the spellbook trick, but disabling does not work directly for ANY passive (example: for immolation or auras it doesn't work). So yes, adding abilities to a spellbook and disabling the spellbook will give the target the effect of the passive abilities WITHOUT adding more icons to unit's skills menu.

~Daelin

N

nHol

Excellent, that's what I wanted to hear. :)

So, since it's a bug, is there anything else funky about it? Can I still take away the ability by removing the spellbook from a unit?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.