Dummy buff on units

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Okay so I created this spell that gives a burnt buff to anyone hit by the unit that has flaming claws. Basically, I want this buff to be a dummy buff, meaning it's only there for show and I based some triggers off it such that if the unit has the buff, it will take damage.

This works perfectly for heroes. The method I used was by giving a spellbook containing a self-aura and removing it when I want to remove the buff. I've tried using it on creeps, but the creeps only get the effect of the buff(the flaming animation model) and not the buff itself. I've tried making the ability a unit one, but to no avail. Help please?

Note: I can't possibly create a buff giving target spell otherwise a dummy unit would have to be created about 6 times a second X the number of heroes with the flaming claws, at maximum speed, to cast it.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
My suggestion is to give the hero with the claws a passive ability that places the buffs on units it attacks! No? :)

TomTTT

Reaction score
Have you tried the damaging trigger? I mean the trigger that causes the damage over time. Maybe the buff just won't show up?
If it's not that, You can add the unit to a unit group, and then every X.XX seconds, create special effect at it's position and cause damage to it.

skyblader

Reaction score
@Necrach I need to time the buffs, increasing and decreasing the time depending on how fast you hit and stuff. The passive ability will just give the buff a fixed timing, say 2 seconds, no matter how fast you hit and all.

@TomTTT Exactly, All's fine except, the buff just won't show up. On non-hero units.

TomTTT

Reaction score
@TomTTT Exactly, All's fine except, the buff just won't show up. On non-hero units.
Thats wierd. Maybe you ran a condition to prevent it from being cause to Creeps or non-hero units? Can you please post the trigger?

skyblader

Reaction score
Well, the weird thing is the effect on the creeps actually stay... And literally stay... Forever. But the buff doesn't come up. Anyway here are the triggers.
(Doubt it's MUI but, let's make it work first)

Trigger:
  • Flaming claws Hash
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 2.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hashtable - Create a hashtable
      • Set FlamingClawsHash = (Last created hashtable)

Trigger:
  • Flaming hit
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff Flaming claws ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Burnt ) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Attacked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Flaming claws book to (Attacked unit)
              • Player - Disable Flaming claws book for (Owner of (Attacked unit))
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Add Flaming claws book to (Attacked unit)
              • Player - Disable Flaming claws book for (Owner of (Attacked unit))
          • Hashtable - Save 1.00 as 1 of (Key (Attacked unit)) in FlamingClawsHash
          • Hashtable - Save 2.00 as 2 of (Key (Attacked unit)) in FlamingClawsHash
          • Hashtable - Save (Level of Flaming claws for (Attacking unit)) as 3 of (Key (Attacked unit)) in FlamingClawsHash
          • Hashtable - Save (Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) as 4 of (Key (Attacked unit)) in FlamingClawsHash
          • Unit Group - Add (Attacked unit) to FlamingClawsGroup
        • Else - Actions
          • Set NumberOfBurnt = (Load 1 of (Key (Attacked unit)) from FlamingClawsHash)
            • If - Conditions
              • NumberOfBurnt Equal to ((Real((Level of Flaming claws for (Attacking unit)))) x 10.00)
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Set NumberOfBurnt = (NumberOfBurnt + 1.00)
              • Hashtable - Save NumberOfBurnt as 1 of (Key (Attacked unit)) in FlamingClawsHash
          • Set BurntRemaing = (Load 2 of (Key (Attacked unit)) from FlamingClawsHash)
            • If - Conditions
              • BurntRemaing Less than 2.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Hashtable - Save 2.00 as 2 of (Key (Attacked unit)) in FlamingClawsHash
            • Else - Actions
              • Hashtable - Save (BurntRemaing + 0.50) as 2 of (Key (Attacked unit)) in FlamingClawsHash
          • Hashtable - Save (Level of Flaming claws for (Attacking unit)) as 3 of (Key (Attacked unit)) in FlamingClawsHash
          • Hashtable - Save (Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) as 4 of (Key (Attacked unit)) in FlamingClawsHash

Trigger:
  • Flaming damage
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in FlamingClawsGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set BurntRemaing = (Load 2 of (Key (Picked unit)) from FlamingClawsHash)
            • If - Conditions
              • BurntRemaing Less than or equal to 0.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Remove Flaming claws book from (Picked unit)
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from FlamingClawsGroup
            • Else - Actions
              • Set NumberOfBurnt = (Load 1 of (Key (Picked unit)) from FlamingClawsHash)
              • Set LevelOfFlamingClaws = (Load 3 of (Key (Picked unit)) from FlamingClawsHash)
              • Set PlayerNumberOfAttacker = (Load 4 of (Key (Picked unit)) from FlamingClawsHash)
              • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Player(PlayerNumberOfAttacker)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
              • Unit - Cause (Last created unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (NumberOfBurnt x (1.00 + ((Real(LevelOfFlamingClaws)) / 5.00))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
              • Set BurntRemaing = (BurntRemaing - 1.00)
              • Hashtable - Save BurntRemaing as 2 of (Key (Picked unit)) in FlamingClawsHash
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Number of burns: + (String(NumberOfBurnt)))
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Time remaining: + (String(BurntRemaing)))
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Damage: + (String((NumberOfBurnt x (1.00 + ((Real(LevelOfFlamingClaws)) / 5.00))))))

They're a little long :p

DioD

Reaction score
i personally use slowpoison, since it works for ranged and melee and also place different buffs on ranged and melee attacks.

second is frost wyrm slow, it also work on everything, dont have icon and moreover work with searing arrows and lightning attack, allowing to set projectile speed for ranged units.

skyblader

Reaction score
@DioD You're still not getting me.. I want to be able to remove and give the buff anytime I want. Not on hit, the buff then stays for a period of time. Just gotta work out how to give units the buff..

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
@DioD You're still not getting me.. I want to be able to remove and give the buff anytime I want. Not on hit, the buff then stays for a period of time. Just gotta work out how to give units the buff..

Actually, you could have the duration very very long, and then still remove it with triggers when you wish. Because it IS when the hero hits a target the buff should be given, right? :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.