Dummy unit isn't casting shockwave

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
I'm making a spell where a unit fires off a shockwave when it deals damage. The dummy is created, but no shockwave fires.

Trigger:
  • ShockwaveTotem2
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Shockwave Totem Periodic for GDD_DamageSource) Greater than 0
      • GDD_Damage Greater than or equal to 0.01
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Phoenix Fire buff from GDD_DamagedUnit
      • Set L = (Position of GDD_DamageSource)
      • Set L2 = (Position of GDD_DamagedUnit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of GDD_DamageSource) at L facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Shockwave Real to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave L2
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Water Elemental expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_L)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_L2)

I'm using weep's damage detection system. I'm certain it works in this trigger. The dummy unit is created at the position of the damage source. I know it has the ability, it has enough mana for the ability, it has enough time to cast the ability before it dies, and the target range is within the Shockwave ability's cast range.

TLDR: Everything works, dummy unit created at the right spot, ordered to target a valid area. But shockwave doesn't cast. 0 mana cost, 10000 cast range.

Any ideas?

Extra info: to test, I made the dummy visible and gave it movement speed, but the dummy doesn't even turn to cast the ability (but it will for other abilities). The dummy has 0 cast point, locusted, flying, no attack, etc etc. It's always worked before.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Locusted units are able to cast spells. I already use them in the map, casting lightnings and slows and soul burns and hexes and stuff. For whatever reason, just the shockwave isn't working.

But I tested it anyways without the locust because I'm really stumped... the unit appeared with the ability, but didn't cast the ability. I could manually click the unit and order it to cast, but it wouldn't cast by itself :(

Necrolytie

Reaction score
Hmmm.. try to re-make your spell, maybe has some bugs.

One time i've made a custom Roar, and when i tryed to use it i just can't, i can be making anything, but the spell still don't work, soo i've re-maked it, and vuala, it work.

I've tryed to a unit with locust to cast a shockwave and it works... try to re-make the spell :3

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
(Owner of GDD_DamageSource) must be a computer player, I presume.

So far I haven't found a solution to this issue. Computer players tend to be stubborn sometimes. Try changing the (Owner of GDD_DamageSource) to 'Player 1' instead. If it casts the spell, then you can confirm the root of the problem.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
I noticed that sometimes it worked depending on my hero skill choice order, so I fixed it by preloading the shockwave in the first few seconds of the game. I have no idea how or why it fixed it, but it fixed it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.