World Dunkin' aims at China with pork donuts.

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
Pork donuts may not be palatable to Americans or Europeans, but the parent company of Dunkin' Donuts and the Baskin-Robbins ice cream chains is catering to local tastes in China, where it aims to open another 100 stores in the next two to three years.

Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN.O) also announced a multi-year marketing agreement on Monday with National Basketball Association star LeBron James, who has a big following of Chinese fans. The company now has about 150 stores in China, the world's second-largest economy.

"Donuts are a very flexible product. You can do savory donuts, you can do donuts with shredded pork -- that's in China," Chief Executive Officer Nigel Travis told Reuters in an interview.

"We also have a range of other savory products that we have been testing and introducing country by country."

More Here:http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/05/us-dunkinbrands-idUSTRE8240HX20120305

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
If they used fresh pork, I bet they could be pretty amazing. I wonder how they'll be prepared.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Hmm pork donuts.
di-1W5A.jpg

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a good thing they are using pork as their main ingredient in donuts, I'd try one of those donuts for the sake of putting some heated controversies here off my brain. In Taiwan here, we are plastered with American beef and H5N2 influenza issues.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.