Dynamic Damage

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Does anyone know a simple way to make damage change via triggers? The only way I can think of is via attributes or a giant list of weapons with different damage amounts. Attributes seems to be impossible for me to change via triggers and 100 objects take time to make (especially in this laggy editor).

It would be nice to be capable of increasing forever, but 250 upgrades would basically be the minimum. Supposed to be one damage per a kill. Perhaps there is already an ability like this.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
You can use the Catalog action to change values from the data editor.
Your first field would be Units, the second would be the ID of the unit, and the third would be the ID of the field.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Would it not be Effects/ArchonDamage/CEffectDamage_Amount?
For the Archon's damage.

Is it possible to retrieve the value (doesn't matter if not, just means one less variable).

Edit:
Just read the description, guessing if I leave the new value blank in a custom script it'll return the value. o_O;

Edit 2:
This would change it for EVERY Archon, need it for individual units. Zz.

Yoshii

Reaction score

wingdnosring

Reaction score
There is an action called 'change unit damage' in the trigger editor, but it only alters the type of damage, rather than an actual value.

I think I would go with a stackable buff or an attribute behavior. The trigger editor can check how many times a unit has a buff and you can set the number of buffs added or removed at a time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.