Dynamic JASS hardcoding: Need Testers.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
.exe code can be inserted within warcraft3 maps now.

Brilliant. :p

black.sheep

Reaction score
>No qualms with the return bug being fixed here! :p
Hey imagine, DotA would even need to run its spells on a good system like KT2, and it would stop lagging! :O

Pure lulz at the dota community, an update like that could posibly cause all the dota maps to fail, well after the warden killing all the bots, im not sure wc3 will survive somthing like this from the bnet public.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
I guess you would need to download a "new" map with an exploit like this to be affected since blizzard fixed the "mirror maps" thingy bug.

the way I'm guessing to be affected by this would be a way like this :
- 1. run cmd
- 2. do something dangerous like forcing to download a virus and run it or close av processes, or simply close a neccesary process in order to show up the last min box before the computer shuts down automaticly

but after I wonder if the cmd ran through warcraft 3 will be from the warcraft 3 "tree" (tree proccess closing thingy)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Lemme see if I got this right...
So this actually allows RtC maps to have RtC in it and execute it when the map is run.

And as you linked yourself: http://www.wc3c.net/showpost.php?p=1080706&postcount=7
This basically allows us to have virus .exe files in a Wc3 map (well we could already, but now we're able to actually run it)... Pretend someone making a fake DotA with a virus in it. Auch.

We could also plant a .exe file which was run when the computer start which closes the System process.
This actually makes me feel very powerful :D

Also, if Bliz is as lame as they are they'll probably just 'fix' the return bug and ruin it for themselves and for us. (Themselves because without mappers they are nothing)
Someone needs to contact Blizz immediately if what I'm imagining is true...

> So it is unsafe to play public games now?

Yeah. pretty much.

Oh and btw: I haven't read much of this, excuse me if I'm repeating something here.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
This reminds me of the old Extended Unit Death (EUD) trigger hype back a few years ago in Starcraft triggering, which Blizzard smashed, apparantly for similar concerns. It too allowed crazy stuff to be done; I recall a demo map which changed the weapon a unit was using during the game and allowed for some pretty weird things.

Edit: Or, at least, Blizz tried to smash them by messing with things to throw people off, but people keep picking them back up. The point being, they put in effort to stop it.

Akolyt0r

Reaction score
any program started by warcraft with this exploit will have the permissions of warcraft itself, and most likely will close when warcraft is closed aswell....

A very easy kind of exploit would be to write a simple script which reads the cd-key of the players and sends them to the host of the map ...

So please dont play any new public maps, and especially no unknown russian maps... since the russian community was aware of this exploit a little bit earlier ...and someone already might have created something like that *evil*

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
This is bad. This is reaaallly bad. It could be used for good, like maps with amazing functionality, but still bad.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Roar.

>since the russian community was aware of this exploit a little bit earlier
lolol... Well done to them.

>So this actually allows RtC maps
Yep, could. Should mention it to Mindy. :D Maybe for a day WC3 would even work as an FPS before blizzard smashes it good.

Random proof that I'm still banned from WC3C. That points to a post I made in that thread. Note how it skips #29. ;)
Would be great if that could be changed some time. <_<

I suppose all that people are wondering is "will they fix the return bug". Even if they do, it's not that big a deal, but they probably won't, for IceFrog's sake. I imagine DotA sells copies of WC3, so they have a vested interest in only blocking this exploit of the return bug, not the whole thing. :)

All they have to do is fix the return bug and make a H2I native, anyway. Although I'll sincerely miss my bytecode. :(

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I fired this up in the normal WC3 editor. Loaded fine, test map, done.
Works - printed out some nonsense about adding functions. :p

Latest WC3 - no JASSHelper required. Though, I'm sure it would be needed if I wanted to change anything.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
luls, indeed.

Why were you banned from wc3c anyways?

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
*Bump*

Guess what.
Apparently, this crap still works.

I bet the itest map can be updated to work on 1.24 also.

Wanna put up an anouncement warning about virus wc3 maps again until we're sure it's safe?

(PS. The exact script this thread is about won't work until I update it. I may try later tonight. We'll see. :D)

So here's where it all started, and Blizz hasn't solved a damn thing.

Edit: Can someone test the line skipping scripts on CodeVar?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Blizzard is as moronic as giving a penny to a millionare.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't quite know enough JASS to understand what you said... :p
I have 1.23(0.6352). I'll test it out on that ASAP.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Lol, I think this was written for 1.23. *Shrugs*

But the codevar stuff should work on any vers. With the skipping and everything. But I haven't tried it yet on 1.24. Probably will tonight. :p

Edit: Just tested it, you can't seem to skip lines with CodeVar any more. So nothing to fear, it seems. Blizz fixed the nasty stuff at least. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.