Elevator from the water

F

Fiends

some how i cant put my building on it why? the elevator is supposed to raise now a then from the water with some nice armor!

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Fiends said:
some how i cant put my building on it why? the elevator is supposed to raise now a then from the water with some nice armor!

Explain some more plz, i dont get what your saying fully :eek:

$

$c0rp10n

i dont think buildings can go on elevators, becase they are unbuildable unless u change it to ur way

F

Fiends

what i meant was i want a store on an elevator that will rise out of the water using an elevator witch sets of when a specific unit enters a region
it's for an rpg and the items the shops selling is really good that was why i wanted the shop only to appear once a while

W

what666said

You'll have to make your elevator buildable... but I don't think that's possible.

You may just have to change terrain heights to push it up or down.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
You can't put buildings on the default elevator so that it sinks into the water - you would need to make a custom pathing for that.

Don't make your elevator a building, but instead a unit that can't move, is invulnearable, has fortified armor, etc. but sells items :) In short, give it all the qualities of a building without checking the 'Is a building' box :D

It looks pretty cool when an elevator sinks beneath the surface with a unit on it - it traps the unit underneath the surface of the water so that it can't move or anything. It is especially good with a light or glow effect :)

Ask Silverhawk if you want further details - he did a similiar thing in his Capture the Flag map and has a lot of general experience.

S

Slaughter

Wow I was so sure he was trolling. Raise out of the water with some nice armor...lol...

The second post, and some heavy thought, made me finally understand.

Fiends, would you be interested in writing the comp-to-player messages in my maps if I ever make any that need them? I could tell you what message needs to come across, and you could make it hopelessly difficult for the players to understand it. It would be soooo cooooool.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I GOT A IDEA~!~! :D

Make the building a unit ( uncheck the "is a building" thing ) but have no movment and everything the building would have, but no ground texture :(

Then put him there, make him invicible. Then it should work, i belive. I have not tested this though...

and if you wanted it in deep water, were units cant go, make the elevater come up to the surface and put the unit there by trigger, then take him off when it goes down...

S

Slaughter

You can make the shop a flying neutral passive unit with movement speed = 0. Then use triggers to change flying height. Easy as pie. You can have it sink all the way into the ground, in a shallow-water terrain area, if you like.

That's how I'd do it.

F

Fiends

slaugheter about the comp to player thing maybe i havn't tried to make any messages yet but there will be some in the rpg so yes later i can help you

F

Fiends

how high is the elevator height to reach the top beside a +2 cliff?

F

Fiends

how do i remove the elevator i go in to the object manager but it refuses to delete it

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
don't triple post, edit you posts, and i beleive 1 unit of height is somewhere around 128 or 256 high, if you look in the lower left part of the editor it has 3 values, the x, y, and z (height) of the place where your mouse is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.