Crime Elusive teen burglar becomes local legend

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
EASTSOUND, Wash. - In the darkness of this sleepy island town, the beam of a deputy's flashlight caught the back of a lanky teenager wanted in a notorious 18-month burglary spree.

The teen glanced over his shoulder — and vanished into the woods. "He virtually vaporized in front of me," deputy Jeff Patterson recalled.

Such encounters have become all too common on the bucolic islands north of Seattle as police hunt for an elusive thief whose crime spree is quickly becoming a local legend. Colton Harris-Moore is suspected in about 50 burglary cases since he slipped away from a halfway house in April 2008.

Now, authorities say, he may have moved on to a more dangerous hobby: stealing airplanes.

The saga is beginning to feel like something out of the movie "Catch Me If You Can," as Harris-Moore keeps finding new ways to embarrass police by slipping through their grasp.

---------------------------

Stupid parents, one of the reasons why unresponsible adults shouldnt have childeren....

Last edited by a moderator:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
"I hope to hell he stole those airplanes — I would be so proud," Pam Kohler told a reporter, noting her son's lack of training. "But put in there that I want him to wear a parachute next time."

If I heard someone say something like that I would beat that person to a pulp. That is so damn disrespectful:mad:

He should have cred for what he has done because it is quite the achievment, but none the less it is wrong and he needs to be punished:(

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
18 months and they can't catch a kid[teen(adult)] that they know who it is?
Where does he live? lol, that's pretty awesome though. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
xD
I've always wondered, why police always feeds publicity with statements that are.... uhm... I'm not sayin that they lie, but they sometimes say more than they got.

Well, at least it's like this in Germany xD
To make the person they're after hesitate or something... dunno xD

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
HA I live right below where one the airplane's was taken. He crashed it into a field in Washington somewhere.

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
I heard hes got a high IQ and crap.... and i live in the county right next to this guys.... o_o

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Lol, this guy is getting pretty good. I wonder what he's going to do next.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Pretend to be a pilot and get to Mexico?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
He should steal the presidency next. That would be fun, having President Grey Fox leading us.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Uh oh, I live in a city VERY nearby o_O, hope he doesn't crash any planes in Victoria!

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I admit that was one heck of a Grand Theft Auto...

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
It'd be interesting if there was a noble reason why he's doing all this.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
It'd be interesting if there was a noble reason why he's doing all this.

Quote taken from a game:

Battle your foes, and escape from the clutches of evil. Make your way through the nasty situations, and grab your opportunities to defeat your rivals. Still got a chance? Only for N64.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.