Enchant Items via triger

streng

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a idea to implement new system to my map , wich alow enchanting items.
I have items categorised to weapon and armor , and i want that players can enchant these items , for example you have an sword +10dmg and you can enchant this item for some amount of money for example to +15dmg.
I have only one idea create two items : normal and enchanted and write triger. Yes this can be easiily done. But i want to all items can be enchantable 5 times. I have around 80 items on my map. 80x5= 400 items and 400 trigers. And this is too much.
I want ask you , is there any way to do with less work ? For example some system that improve item damage for percentage or for some predefined value ?

Thanx for your answers

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
not sure if this will work but make 1 item, add all the ability's you want it to have then disable them in the ability properties, then just enable with a trigger when the enchant is bought, you can also make them multi level and level them up for the upgrade.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You can't really manipulate item abilities, whether by adding or by leveling. The only possible way is to have 6 versions of every item. The campaign's Orb of Darkness is an example of this limitation, as there are about 12 different versions of the item just to give the effect of step-by-step upgrading.

Dameon

Reaction score
You can't really manipulate item abilities, whether by adding or by leveling. The only possible way is to have 6 versions of every item. The campaign's Orb of Darkness is an example of this limitation, as there are about 12 different versions of the item just to give the effect of step-by-step upgrading.
you can level most item abilitys, it is only a small amount you cant actually level, and the item abilitys you cant level you can get the same effect with unit abilitys set as item abilitys. As for the adding, no you cant add new abilitys to an item after game start, but if you give the item the ability in the editor then disable it, then enable it in game via trigger then it will give the same effect.

KK so this was my first time attempting this so there is one draw back, to use the tech tree to level you need to set it in the units upgrades used. You can avoid this by leveling the ability via trigger.

Attachments

• item upgrade.w3x
    17.7 KB · Views: 243

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
you can level most item abilitys, it is only a small amount you cant actually level
I was talking about leveling abilities on the item itself. You can't properly enchant one item with your system, nor does it update the item's tooltips.

Dameon

Reaction score
yes it is impossible to level an item ability unless a hero has the item [also cause the item it's self never actually had the ability, it is added to the hero when he gets the item.], this is cause the ability is reset when the item is lost. However there are a few work arounds via trigger to save the level of the ability for the item, sadly however because blizzard doesn't care about worldeditor you would need to use custom code or jass to do it the easy way [hashtables], the harder way is using varibles.

As for my system it was only ment for 1 item to give the idea on how to do it, I threw it together in like 30 secs before I posted it so it was a rush job. To get the best result minus toolstips a system of spellbooks would need to be used.

If you want updated tool tips the only way is Kaer's method, but personaly I hate having to make 5+ of every item so I dont normaly care about the tool tip, just add into it 15/20/25/exc and most will get it :p

streng

Reaction score
Ok guys, I triggered my own system , based on command aura. You can enchant weapon 10 times , every enchant add +10% damage. When you drop weapon you lose all enchancemets. Now what i want: All enchancemets increase glowing effect on weapon. Yes can be easily done , i just change effect on command aura, But i want every enchancemets make weapon more glowing(lighting). A can attach 10 different effect , because i made 10 different command aura, but i want to add the same effect with more desinity. Understand me ?
Is this posible ?
I tried find 10 similar effects but whitout any succseed

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't think you can change the density of a spell. But, as you kinda did, you can find fx. a lot of lightning effects which goes from small simple ones, to big electricity outbursts. It's not going to be the same effect but kinda similar.
And that can be achieved by making 10 different buffs with the 10 different lightning effects. Then add them to the command aura's "data - buffs" separately.

streng

Reaction score
And that can be achieved by making 10 different buffs with the 10 different lightning effects. Then add them to the command aura's "data - buffs" separately
Yes i want to make by this, but i cant find 10 similar lighting effects

streng

Reaction score
Ok i will try , but there is no posible to increase desinity of for example "brilance Aura glowing" ? because i only need something simple like thi:
HTML:
http://l2wiki.com/Item_Enchanting#How_item_enchantment_is_visualized

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Not as far as I know, no. Well if you can edit the Brilliance Aura yourself, using a model editing program, then you can have the exact desired effect.
I would still suggest (granted that you cannot edit the ability model yourself) just to either add a similar yet bigger effect, or change the effect all together to make it seem more powerful. Fx. Level 1: normal target aura (the small blueish one). Level 2: the actual Brilliance Aura, aura. Level 3: Brilliance aura, aura + orb of lightning (if it is a lightning enchant). Level 4: Brilliance Aura, aura + 2 orbs of lightning (one on each hand). Level 5: Brilliance Aura, aura + 2 orbs of lightning + Purge on the chest. Or something along those lines.

streng

Reaction score
Ok thanks for answer, i seen all effects in preview editor, an choose best for me. I just used attachment only for weapons and best effects for me are missisles. For example level 1= brilance aura, level 2 = spirit of vengeance misissle and next levels i find darker and stronger missisle effects and looks fine without modeling and aditional effects imported.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.