Do you have a problem with people using "u" insted of "you", "r" inste

• Yes

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

obucke

Reaction score
Guys i need a Ultimate spell idea for a Beast Master. But i wouldnt like it to be an ordinary summon ... that would be so ... obvious ... aether an extraordinary summon( and no i dont mean very strong , i mean interesting ) or something passive or ... i dono just something interesting...

Knatten

Reaction score
Maybe like everytime a summon of ihs dies, the beastmaster goes into rage dealing X% bonus damage and some other bonus stuff.

obucke

Reaction score
Thats a gr8 idea but 1 tiny problem , how do i increase a units damage by ...say ...50 for just 10 seconds. How do i increase it at all ??

obucke

Reaction score
K that helps a lot, but still theres 1 more thing... how do i make it so that its MPI ? this is what i have in mind:
Trigger 1
Event - unit learns an ability
Condition - ability is equal to blabla
action - set learning unit == beast_master_hero

Trigger 2
event -a unit dies
condition - unit is equal to Bear
owner of unit equal to owner of beast_master_hero
action - create 1 dummy at position of beast_master_hero
give last created unit ability buffsomething
add expiration timer to last created unit ..
order last create unit to buffsomething on beast_master_hero

that would work (well this isnt the exact trigger but ... u get the point) but i need it to be MPI and for that i need local variables and for that i need JASS which i dont know and dont have time or will to learn ... so can some1 do it for me plz or tell me how to do it in GUI?

obucke

Reaction score
K time to bring this thread back to life :)
I refreshed the main post (the progress, and new stuff, and stuff i STILL NEED HELP WITH !!! ). I updated the screenshots (not all though...) and added 2 new (the ZC bases). And i also thought that CTF would be 2 demanding indeed so ... i changed it to Zone Capture and finished that trigger for 1 of the bases :) And i have to remind u READ THE BOTTOM OF MAIN POST !! I STILL NEED HELP PPL ... PLEASE !!!

PS: the work on the 1st campain has begun , i started to write down the script :)Thats all i can tell u so far . No i can tell u 1 more thing :) I got a partner for the campains so they will go smoother and faster i hope

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
okay, seems to be a cool idea and that stuff, BUT TERRANING!! FFS remember it i dont see ANYTHING in the screenshots, okay i'll say before you get sad, i got the same proplem, i create the map and all the stuff, and then i simply forget the terraning:eek: and if a map got good terraning it will be more then twice as fun playing... but anyway +rep from me:rolleyes:

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
obucke, the trigger posted in post #25 should work fine (as long as you dont add waits).

if there is only one beastmaster per hero (bear numbers dont matter) and you have a way of referring to the beastmaster owned by the bear owner (unit array, or group var that takes units of type Beastmaster and owner of matching unit is = to owner of dying unit (the bear that died))

obucke

Reaction score
Flare i handled the beasmasters trigger long time ago and its mpiin case some1 wants to see it here it is :
Code:
Parental Instincts
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Adolescent Bear (Level 1)
                (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Adult Bear (Level 2)
                (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Ferocious Bear (Level 3)
                (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Elder Bear (Level 4)
    Actions
        Set Beast_master_group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Dying unit))) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Beast_master_group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Beast_master_point = (Position of (Picked unit))
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at Beast_master_point facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Add Bloodlust (Beastmasters) to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Bloodlust (Beastmasters) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Parental Instints  for (Picked unit))
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Picked unit)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Beast_master_point)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_Beast_master_group)
its working great for me but its requires modification in order to be used in other maps ...

And as for when the map is comming out ... itl have to w8 a bit cos school is pressing me hard these couple of weeks so ... in around 1 month tops i supose ... but hey ! :) most good maps took a lot of time to make :) hope this is gonna be 1 of them :)

obucke

Reaction score
Guys, i got a bugg with my zone control system ...it sometimes freezees the number that shows it self above the zone ...not all the time but still i dono what to do about it ... have a look at the triggers:
Code:
Tauren base enter
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Tauren base circle <gen>
    Conditions
        ((Owner of Tauren Totem 0141 <gen>) is an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to False
        ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set Tauren_capture_unit = (Triggering unit)
        Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 3.00 seconds the text: Now HOLD there for ...
        Set Tauren_tick = 0.00
        Trigger - Turn on Tauren tick <gen>

Code:
Tauren tick
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Tauren_tick = (Tauren_tick + 1.00)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Tauren base circle <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\AncestralSpirit\AncestralSpiritCaster.mdl
        Set Tauren_base_takover = (Last created special effect)
        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer(Tauren_tick)))) at (Center of Tauren base circle <gen>) with Z offset 40.00, using font size 15.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Wait 0.80 seconds
        Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)
        Special Effect - Destroy Tauren_base_takover
This is initially off

Code:
Tauren base leave
    Events
        Unit - A unit leaves Tauren base circle <gen>
    Conditions
        (Triggering unit) Equal to Tauren_capture_unit
        ((Owner of Tauren Totem 0141 <gen>) is an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to False
        ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off Tauren tick <gen>

Code:
Tauren base convert
    Events
        Game - Tauren_tick becomes Equal to 10.00
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Add Tauren Totem 0141 <gen> to Tauren_base_buildings
        Unit Group - Add Tauren Field Quatermaster 0133 <gen> to Tauren_base_buildings
        Unit Group - Add Tauren Tent 0036 <gen> to Tauren_base_buildings
        Unit Group - Add Tauren Tent 0035 <gen> to Tauren_base_buildings
        Unit Group - Add Tauren Tent 0038 <gen> to Tauren_base_buildings
        Unit Group - Add Tauren Tent 0039 <gen> to Tauren_base_buildings
        Unit Group - Add Tauren Tent 0037 <gen> to Tauren_base_buildings
        Unit Group - Add Tauren 0143 <gen> to Tauren_base_buildings
        Unit Group - Add Tauren 0148 <gen> to Tauren_base_buildings
        Unit Group - Add Tauren 0149 <gen> to Tauren_base_buildings
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Owner of Tauren_capture_unit) is an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in Tauren_base_buildings and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Tauren_base_buildings and do (Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color)
            Else - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Owner of Tauren_capture_unit) is an ally of Player 7 (Green)) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Tauren_base_buildings and do (Actions)
                            Loop - Actions
                                Unit Group - Pick every unit in Tauren_base_buildings and do (Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Player 7 (Green) and Change color)
                    Else - Actions

Now the technical stuff works rly well like it converts everything it should ... and all that but the timer can stay frozen forever and it shows numbers 1 over the other ...

EDIT:
Project closed till further notice.

obucke

Reaction score
Project OPEN again !!! :D
K guys time to get back to work :) im a bit rusty but things will get back to normal soon :)
However ... this time i came to my senses and realized i cant do this alone ... I NEED HELP - meaning a partner :)
Now since i got a bunch of ideas but not that much skill i would like that some1 to have a good knowledge in JASS !
"So plz JASS masters come to my aid !" :p hehehe
Seriously though i would like a good partner in this map.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I haven't figured out how many maps you plan to make? One ORPG (Open Role Play Game where isn't much to do with AoS [Aoen of Strife] game style.) and much more campaigns similar to Blizzard made like Rexxar one in TFT?

It helps so much if you write every smallest detail on text file or paper. Plan everything from picking heroes to losing or winning game (that part seems done by you already).

Hour long games aren't attractive, instead I would suggest 15 to 20 min long game, it would speed up game while maintaining crucial 'fun factors' which you have listed (randomly appearing way gates, etc).

When it comes to Warcraft 3 terraning remember less is more. Units need to have free space to move around, dodge from enemy and cast abilities. Still you have to got taste where to create cliffs (Blizzard cliffs limit terraning because they start to act weird if terrain is lowered/ raised.) or other decorations, important is atmosphere which is created by doodads not their amount on map.

Try to be different, it' s all about being original and surprising with fresh content. That doesn't mean outside help is bad, I encourage you to skim our ability thread (link in my sig) to pick out interesting abilities and assign them to your made heroes.

Don't forget to give credits in your map for outside help, it's kinda tradition and good manners.

Take time to rest and relax from map making because mostly making map is ironing out bugs and trying to fix things.

World Editor Help forum is way to go when you get stuck with your triggers and things aren't working out well.

If you want something done for your map, then post detailed info how end result should look like, if it seems interesting or easy to do I or others who want may make it.

Luck with your map!

obucke

Reaction score
Eternal Realms - [Eternal War of the Tribes]

{Im remaking this because the 1st thread went off topic for my grammar , which is corrected now :), and because I stopped working on the map long time ago and im continuing it now . AND I added more details and pictures of map. AND READ THE BOTTOM , VERY IMPORTANT :D. Thank you :) }

Hey everybody,
First of all ill give u a little insight on me:
I’m 18, i got bout 2h a day to work on the maps, i know some triggers and I’m fairly good in OE, i know how to create some special effects, i do know how to import, and I’m pretty fine with the terrain. :)
But the main thing is I AM FULL OF IDEAS FOR MAPS ( some r taken from other maps but most isnt ...)

K as for the map :
As u noticed there is a “Eternal Realms" before the map name.
Has any1 eve read any book from Forgotten Realms? If u have u know the basic idea about it , if u haven’t let me introduce u in :
Forgotten Realms is a series of books , there r over 40 of them i think , that’s
a bunch of stories (trilogies) that r happening in 1 realm and r in someway connected to each other. That’s what I’m planning to here.
I might be new at world editor but i don’t just abandon things just like that ...

This i my plan:
First of all is this AoS map that will just attract people to Eternal Realms :
-Eternal War of the Tribes ( EWoT)
K in here we have to orc tribes fighting. Here’s the history. They used to be one tribe until the evil one of the legendary Night Eves brothers attempted to put them under his influence , one half (Mudonye) fell under the ( Something that posses great power but is corrupted , donno the name yet) but the other half (Kurcanye) resisted because of the good brothers support. These two are now fighting.
-The Campaigns
I started writing the script for the 1st campaign.
-The ORPG
(to be added )

The basic description of the map :
- A background story
- Simple inventory system
- Bunch of interesting events
- Balance!!! (one of the most important things in all maps in my opinion)
- 5 spells for heroes 4x4 lvls and ultimate of 3 lvls
- Very interesting recipe system
- Zone Capture side objective
- Pay to duel
- Interactive environment
- All MPI spells ( i want both sides to be able to choose same heroes. example if 1 side takes warlock for their team the other1 should have the same option )

The Events:
-every 10 min- Portals (bout 10 of them) spawn at random points in the walkable map area and take u to a random point in the map
-every 15 min- All the players get teleported in to the arena for a PvP fight. Winners get prizes :)
-every 20 min- Kodo Beast Towers spawn at the end of each path
-every 30 min- Two demons (fire and ice) spawn at the middle of both paths and start fighting each other. They don’t attack any1 else but they have big splash dmg and should be avoided.
-45 min- the two elf brothers spawn 1 for each side and go trough the middle, when they get to 20% the get back to base.
-1h- The two elf brothers attack again but this time they have a vast army behind them (1h is waaaay too long ...time to end it :D)
-more to be added-

PS (the timing is not fixed ofc, this is just for example ...

The Specials:
-Explosive barrels- players will be able to buy barrels of explosive and dump them in the center of the map from 2 spots in the side lanes dealing dmg to all units in there.
-Pay to duel- players will be able to pay x gold to challenge any enemy in any time so both players are teleported in the arena for dueling. However the x gold paid goes to the challenged player :)
-Zone Capture options:
*The ZC bases will be half way down the side lanes.
*Once captured they will allow the owning side to buy strong items and recipes.
*Players will be able to regenerate hp and mp in the bases.
*The bases will offer different items and recipes. One for casters, and other for fighters.
*The bases will have week mob defense on the side of the owning faction.
-The strongest recipes will have minimal chance to drop of any random mob.
-Im thinking about adding a boss (like Roshan in DoTA ) but I’m not sure bout that1 ...

The Troll capture base

The Tauren capture base

The Burning Path

The "Happy" Path :)

The Cauldron

One of the bases (they need work ...)

What i need some1 to do for me ATM:

- [Effect][Orange Circle Energy Wall] K i need this for the serpent circle i need something that will connect the serpents so that u can see why u cant enter (exit) it :p would be g8 if it would be a circle of adjustable size :)
- [Spell][Passive] Wind Fury Weapon - has 5/10/15/20% chance to hit with 3 extra hits. Now, i know every1 will think just put a 4x crit but I DONT WANT another stupid crit ...

The progress :
Terrain: 90%
Heroes:[COLOR="FFDAA520"] 40%[/COLOR]
Creeps: 0%
Events: 10%
Items: 0%
Balancing: 0%

Total: 20%

I NEED PEOPLE !!!
I figured out I cant do this alone, it would take too much time and I cant do all the spells because I don’t know how to do the really complicated ones. So … I want to make a team of several people to do this with me. Here’s what the team should have:

JASS master (a must have …) - ?
Terrainer - ?
2d artist - ?
3d artist - ?
Triggerer (GUI)- ?
Someone who knows how to make a website - ?
Someone who SPEAKS fluid English - ?

So guys please … join me to make this thing truly eternal :)

obucke

Reaction score
Type of site ? ... well FREE type :)
I dono , it has to have a forum a news section, a download section, gallery , and maybe a few more things but it has to look cool :)
Im an artist myself and i can draw the background and anything else u need :)
Oh ya and since this is going to be multi-map project i would have to have all these things on multiple tabs :) Can u handle that ? :)

And ya as for the terrain ... i know ... thats why i need a terrainer ^^

PS: time is not a factor ... yet :)

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
obucke said:
K, warlocks have the ability to summon the creatures from the depths of hell bla bla... but any creature above lvl 2 will have only 20% chance to actually obey the warlock ( i already did this part ).
Now heres your part:
The warlock has a spell Enslave Demon which u will be attempting to do. He has to ''Mind fight'' the demon. When he casts the spell, both he and the demon he is trying to enslave will go into a trance and become invulnerable (it would be great if you could do some eyecandy here ) and their replicas are teleported in a corner of the map to fight for supremacy. Now, the demon is : at full hp and mp if he was over 50% hp when the enslaving begun, or at 50% hp and mp if he was under. And the warlock is at his mana percentage at the time of spell cast ( say he has 100 mana and his mana was at 58 when he did the Enslave Demon = he has 58% hp and 58% mp when he is fighthing the demon). Now if the warlock wins they get out of trance with the demon under warlocks control for a period of time ( his replica dissaperas ofc ...). IF he loses, he loses 50% mana that he had after the spellcast and has a demon charging at him
Oh ya and 2 more things :
1. the demon has to put up a fight in that cage they are fighting in there
2. it has to be MPI ... and to makes things easier about this one, there r only 5,6 demons in the game and there will be 2 arenas (1 for each side) for the mind fight to be happening in.
It isn't hard to do, many TH members have skills to create what you need, sorry, but I don't want to do it. I post it here so everybody can help you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.