Votes: 22 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

obucke

Reaction score
"The Eternal Realms" - Eternal War of the Tribes

Eternal Realms - [Eternal War of the Tribes]

{Im remaking this because the 1st thread went off topic for my grammar , which is corrected now :), and because I stopped working on the map long time ago and im continuing it now . AND I added more details and pictures of map. AND READ THE BOTTOM , VERY IMPORTANT :D. Thank you :) }

Hey everybody,
First of all ill give u a little insight on me:
I’m 18, i got bout 2h a day to work on the maps, i know some triggers and I’m fairly good in OE, i know how to create some special effects, i do know how to import, and I’m pretty fine with the terrain. :)
But the main thing is I AM FULL OF IDEAS FOR MAPS ( some r taken from other maps but most isnt ...)

K as for the map :
As u noticed there is a “Eternal Realms" before the map name.
Has any1 eve read any book from Forgotten Realms? If u have u know the basic idea about it , if u haven’t let me introduce u in :
Forgotten Realms is a series of books , there r over 40 of them i think , that’s
a bunch of stories (trilogies) that r happening in 1 realm and r in someway connected to each other. That’s what I’m planning to here.
I might be new at world editor but i don’t just abandon things just like that ...

This i my plan:
First of all is this AoS map that will just attract people to Eternal Realms :
-Eternal War of the Tribes ( EWoT)
K in here we have to orc tribes fighting. Here’s the history. They used to be one tribe until the evil one of the legendary Night Eves brothers attempted to put them under his influence , one half (Mudonye) fell under the ( Something that posses great power but is corrupted , donno the name yet) but the other half (Kurcanye) resisted because of the good brothers support. These two are now fighting.
-The Campaigns
I started writing the script for the 1st campaign.
-The ORPG
(to be added )

The basic description of the map :
- A background story
- Simple inventory system
- Bunch of interesting events
- Balance!!! (one of the most important things in all maps in my opinion)
- 5 spells for heroes 4x4 lvls and ultimate of 3 lvls
- Very interesting recipe system
- Zone Capture side objective
- Pay to duel
- Interactive environment
- All MPI spells ( i want both sides to be able to choose same heroes. example if 1 side takes warlock for their team the other1 should have the same option )

The Events:
-every 10 min- Portals (bout 10 of them) spawn at random points in the walkable map area and take u to a random point in the map
-every 15 min- All the players get teleported in to the arena for a PvP fight. Winners get prizes :)
-every 20 min- Kodo Beast Towers spawn at the end of each path
-every 30 min- Two demons (fire and ice) spawn at the middle of both paths and start fighting each other. They don’t attack any1 else but they have big splash dmg and should be avoided.
-45 min- the two elf brothers spawn 1 for each side and go trough the middle, when they get to 20% the get back to base.
-1h- The two elf brothers attack again but this time they have a vast army behind them (1h is waaaay too long ...time to end it :D)
-more to be added-

PS (the timing is not fixed ofc, this is just for example ...

The Specials:
-Explosive barrels- players will be able to buy barrels of explosive and dump them in the center of the map from 2 spots in the side lanes dealing dmg to all units in there.
-Pay to duel- players will be able to pay x gold to challenge any enemy in any time so both players are teleported in the arena for dueling. However the x gold paid goes to the challenged player :)
-Zone Capture options:
*The ZC bases will be half way down the side lanes.
*Once captured they will allow the owning side to buy strong items and recipes.
*Players will be able to regenerate hp and mp in the bases.
*The bases will offer different items and recipes. One for casters, and other for fighters.
*The bases will have week mob defense on the side of the owning faction.
-The strongest recipes will have minimal chance to drop of any random mob.
-Im thinking about adding a boss (like Roshan in DoTA ) but I’m not sure bout that1 ...

The Troll capture base

The Tauren capture base

The Burning Path

The "Happy" Path :)

The Cauldron

One of the bases (they need work ...)

What i need some1 to do for me ATM:

- [Effect][Orange Circle Energy Wall] K i need this for the serpent circle i need something that will connect the serpents so that u can see why u cant enter (exit) it :p would be g8 if it would be a circle of adjustable size :)
- [Spell][Passive] Wind Fury Weapon - has 5/10/15/20% chance to hit with 3 extra hits. Now, i know every1 will think just put a 4x crit but I DONT WANT another stupid crit ...

The progress :
Terrain: 90%
Heroes: 50%
Creeps: 0%
Events: 10%
Items: 0%
Balancing: 0%

Total: 30%

I NEED PEOPLE !!!
I figured out I cant do this alone, it would take too much time and I cant do all the spells because I don’t know how to do the really complicated ones. So … I want to make a team of several people to do this with me. Here’s what the team should have:

JASS master (a must have …) - ?
Terrainer - ?
2d artist - ?
3d artist - ?
Triggerer (GUI)- ?
Someone who knows how to make a website - ?
Someone who SPEAKS fluid English - ?

So guys please … join me to make this thing truly eternal :)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
sounds fairly interesting but a few things:

1) i (personally) dont like the idea of a ctf sidequest since if you (and your teammates) go away and do that, the enemies can just beat your remaining teammates to a pulp with a numerical advantage

2) if you only have 1 hero per player, your spells wont need to be MUI, only MPI (main difference is that MUI allows multiple units owned by the same player to cast the spell, MPI allows 1 unit per player)

*if you want to guarantee that those spells you added to the end of your post get made, do it yourself ^^ heres my GUI MUI spellmaking tutorial. if you can make the ability work for one unit, you can adjust it using the info in the tutorial to make it MUI

3)
dont be mad at me cos i dont trust u enough... people have fucked me up before and i aint making the same mistake again...

lol, did you mention anything about not wanting help before saying that?

obucke

Reaction score
sounds fairly interesting but a few things:

1) i (personally) dont like the idea of a ctf sidequest since if you (and your teammates) go away and do that, the enemies can just beat your remaining teammates to a pulp with a numerical advantage

2) if you only have 1 hero per player, your spells wont need to be MUI, only MPI (main difference is that MUI allows multiple units owned by the same player to cast the spell, MPI allows 1 unit per player)

*if you want to guarantee that those spells you added to the end of your post get made, do it yourself ^^ heres my GUI MUI spellmaking tutorial. if you can make the ability work for one unit, you can adjust it using the info in the tutorial to make it MUI

3)

lol, did you mention anything about not wanting help before saying that?

1) the side q will have its pros 2 , CTF bases will be on the sides of the roads, on the half of the way, to be precise . so if they capture it they will be able to move their front a bit and they will gain access to stronger items. :) trust me this will be good 1 :)

2) i started reading the tut , seams promising , just dont have the time right now to learn it but i will . However i would like some1 to help me by making the spells for me so this thing would be done soon... And thx for the MUI , MPI explanation. :)

3) i put that for other reasons , i just removed it ... not that much important anyway ...

obucke

Reaction score
Here r some screenshots:

This is the map from birds eye perspective . the part on the right will be changed and the top left and bottom right forests will also be changed to make the CTF bases

This is the center of the map ,and a place i hope most fight will be happening :)

This is the mini capture zone , the Tauren 1.

And the troll 1 :).

As u can see the buildings r real size.(updeted)

This is how the bases look ( for now ).

This is the burning path, the 1 on the left , theres a opposite ( flowers and stuff) on the right path .(updated)

This is the place where Warlock class will have to "mind fight" the demon they r attempting to enslave. :)

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
It looks interesting, but there is one thing that is really bothering me. You keep using 'u' and 'r' instead of 'you' and 'are,' respectively. Also, there is only one space when using a comma, and it comes after it. The same applies for a period. Sorry about all this grammar, but it really annoys me; and it makes maps look extremely unprofessional.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
>knight: lol, well this is a place to talk abour ur maps so grammar doesn't really matter. R u with me? :D

Anyways, this seems cool. Only thing I would say is about terraining. You made the buildings real life size in perspective to the units, but you should also make the trees the right size. In real life, trees are big and spaced out. It only looks massed up because you can't see it that detailed unless you are under and in the forests and trees.

When is a beta whree we can test coming out? Good luck!

Knight7770

Reaction score
I really don't think that a poll would disprove or approve my point. Allow me to quote the rules:
Take all the time you need to write your posts, forums are not the same as chat - for example instead of writing "gratz" or "ne1" you should use "congratulations" and "anyone" so that everybody can understand you easily. Also try to put periods and capital letters where they're supposed to be, this greatly increases readability. Acronyms are OK, but try to avoid leetspeak.
u and r are not acronyms. Therefore, they are against the rules and should not be included in posts. Also, it seems that you have missed one of my points:
it makes maps look extremely unprofessional.
If you type using abbreviations such as u and r, the chances increase for you to use them while making maps; or otherwise.
>knight: lol, well this is a place to talk abour ur maps so grammar doesn't really matter. R u with me?
I reply to that with this:
Take all the time you need to write your posts, forums are not the same as chat - for example instead of writing "gratz" or "ne1" you should use "congratulations" and "anyone" so that everybody can understand you easily. Also try to put periods and capital letters where they're supposed to be, this greatly increases readability. Acronyms are OK, but try to avoid leetspeak.
Anyway, good luck; and try to avoid abbreviations.

obucke

Reaction score
i just dont have the nerves to argue with u knight, and u r right it does give me a bit of trouble when i type in maps... but nothing i cant handle but u and r is something every1 understand ...

And as for beta ... it will be done when its done :)
Just kidding, im not blizz :), i hope its gonna be out in a few weeks but the campains r gonna come later , a lot later
and the ORPG in the mid of the summer.

And is any1 even bothering i helping me out with the spells ?

EDIT: and ya i forgot about the trees :) thx for reminding me

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I must agree with Knight, proper grammar/correct words do make the map's description look alot more appealing/pleasant/professional (although, how can a map really be professional :p).

And is any1 even bothering i helping me out with the spells ?
Seriously, if you want something done, you need to do it yourself. Just think about.

Your snake circle can easily be done using an integer loop, just set casters location in a variable, and do an integer loop from 1 to (5xSkill Level). Then, use casters location, offset by 100+100xSkill level, towards (360 divided by snake count for that level) to get the spawn locations for each snake, spawn the snake and add an expiration timer to it.

For your Fear ability, you only need a simple trigger (I'll do it freehand because I don't want to look for all the stuff in Trigger Editor)

Code:
EVENTS:
Unit is issued an order targeting a point
Unit is issued an order targeting an object
Unit is issued an order with no target
CONDITIONS:
Triggering unit has buff Fear (This will be inflicted by base ability)
ACTIONS:
Ordering triggering unit to stop
Set TempPt1 = Position of triggering unit
Set TempPt2 = TempPt1 offset by random real number between 300 and 700, towards (random angle) degrees
Order triggering unit to move to TempPt2
call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPt1)
call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPt2)

I can't think of an effective way of preventing auto-attack i.e. when a unit comes within acquisition range of the target unit. You could periodically check every unit in the map to see if it has the Fear buff (inflicted by your base ability), and if it does, set the acquisition range to 0, else set it to default.

obucke

Reaction score
K i tried the fear thing, it didnt work, however i altered it a bit and i think it should work now, HOWEVER :) i still need an ability that will buff all enemies around the caster ...
I 1st thought of Thunder Clap but for some reason it made the caster run :p
help me out here ...

And as for the serpent circle :
I knew how to do that, the problem is how to make units stay ( not enter 2 ) in that circle...

And as for the spelling, i never said i use it in maps ( that is "unprofessional" but not a bigge) i use it on forums and 90% of ppl can understand everything ...
I mean, come on "r" and "are" ... there is no difference in pronouncing those.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
for serpent circle, just create some dummies with a good collision size (its in the object editor, you will need to expirement with it to get a good 'impenetrable' ring.)

Try using Howl of Terror as the base ability for Fear (or a single target abil that leaves a buff like Curse).

As for the grammar/spelling, it may be understandable but it's much more pleasant to see people writing properly, and it makes everything neater etc. I personally don't like the use of 'r' and 'u' very much, since it isn't that difficult to type 3 letters. Whether you actually wish to heed this part of my post is your choice, but it just makes everything nicer to read.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Sorry for continuing to drag this post off-topic, but allow me to highlight something for you that comes straight out of the rulebook (as it were):
( that is "unprofessional" but not a bigge)
It is, as you say, a biggie. Compare these two dialogs and tell me which you think is better (note that they both mean the same thing):
"Hark! I beg of thee, allow me entrance into thy castle, o kind one."
"hey could u plz let me into ur castle, cuz ur so nice."
i still need an ability that will buff all enemies around the caster ...
You could combine some auras with negative values and give them to the caster when he starts casting.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I think I saw someone else post this, but your grammar and spelling really make this project less attractive. I cannot begin to imagine what the tooltips will be like...

Please spellcheck your posts :) Be professional.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Well posts and game is WAY different. Look at my AvP Post grammar compared to my tooltips in game. Anyways, I mean, its fine to use U and R, just dont ONLY use it. On my posts, I also use U and R when I have a fast sentence, but I still use the original ones.

Anywho, lets get back to the topic of this map.

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
*Pic*
"This is the place where Warlock class will have to "mind fight" the demon they r attempting to enslave."

That is very Effect intensive. That is guarenteed to lag for anyone with an average computer.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Alright, an AoS right?
well, heres a VERY important thing...
if the preplaced towers are not an exact mirror image placement, the AoS will NOT be balanced.
the towers have to be EQUALLY aligned.

obucke

Reaction score
K guys thx for the spell tips. Dummy pathing blockers worked like a charm for serpent circle, however Fear went wrong somewhere ...i tried my best, actually i tried almost everything ... but the best result is when i use it creeps start running and then after less than 100y from hero they go back and attack him again ... heres the trigger
Code:
Fear
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        ((Attacking unit) has buff Feared ) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set Fear_point[1] = (Position of (Attacking unit))
        Set Fear_point[2] = (Fear_point[1] offset by (Random real number between 500.00 and 800.00) towards (Random angle) degrees)
        Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Move To Fear_point[2]
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Fear_point[1])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Fear_point[2])

PS: The trees r now little bit higher than the towers and the towers are almost fully symmetrical :) thx for the reminder :)
PPS: i will update the screen shots soon.

EDIT: i updated the main post with the new requests and the list of events for the map :)

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Hmm... yeah, "mind fight" in my idea, isn't a gameplayable idea. One because it'll cause lag and stuff. Two because that limits the warlock unit, ultimately weakening it. The demon would have to be a hero-type unit that gains levels and make it that if the warlock defeats him and stuff, the demon becomes the warlock's level.

About the trees, don't forget to space the trees out, or at least make bunches of trees with spaces between the bunches.

And yea, it has to be equally balanced. My brother once upon a time used to play Warcraft 3 and make maps and he made this awesome AoS with triggered skills and stuff but it was unbalanced. When you tested the map and the players didn' help, in about 10 minutes, the Alliance (I forgot the name) would be at 3/4 the lane every time and the Horde (once again, I don't know so I'l substitute with that) would eventually lose.

So even out and balance the places. However, it doesn't mean the terraining has to be identical. For example, you could make the bottom team top lane have a curve and the top team top have a straighter thing and they connect. Then on the bottom, it would be the opposite.

This will be an interesting map to see it... um I don't know how to word it so Good Luck!

obucke

Reaction score
As for the mind fight, dont worry, it will be warlocks ACE :) there r only 5-6 demons but they will be very strong, as strong as the warlock himself, so if he manages to control 1 he will own ... but thats a moderate if:)

I fully agree with u bout the balance and dont worry bout that 1 either cos there will be numerous alpha tests before i put beta in public ...

And the map is not identical u can even c that on the screenshots ( damn i need to update those soon ...) and it will be even more different when CTF bases r added :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.