Ever wished you were iconic in a medium to large forum?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
For example, a very prominent user, named A, with a distinctive avatar who posts a lot in such a forum, had created an iconic image for newcomers. Any newcomers will then refer to the user, A, as the "the A", "A-man", etc.

Have you ever wished to be like the user, A, someone who is very iconic in a forums such that many other users, old and new, easily recognize A when they see A's avatar?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Therefore, I'm asking would you ever want to be as iconic as Acehart for the newcomers? And not just newcomers, it could be the staffs, the mods, etc., anyone on a particular forum.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it good for to be iconic?
If everybody is watching you you have no room to do some shit and mess around.

Just imagine i would be iconic, i would have to think twice before posting. What a horrible idea.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Can I call myself iconic?

Each and every person on this forum is unique. What I wanted to see is how unique we can define, and by variances of the uniqueness.

FireCat is one of many examples of being iconic. His rant and alternate insights give others a way to joke/think/oppress about in the Headline News.

Accname is another one of many examples of being iconic. His clear opinions and debatable cynicisms freshes out the Headline News post, and it always starts off with a nice comment.

But all of these examples stem from the subforum I moderate. I see them as if I'm reading the palm of your hand and telling you the predictions your palm is telling me. Very iconic, you see?

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
I think there are only iconic people on TH. I don't see too many newcomers around.
*sigh* I hope this avatar will make me iconic. Someday.
+Ico-points to anyone who knows where it's from.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I am iconic? I always thought i am annoying.

But i am honored!

Zakyath

Reaction score
when I was younger, I always thought it would be kind of fun to be "iconic" on a forum. such as this.

now I don't really care - it just doesn't feel as important. and these days the forum doesn't feel as big as when I joined the forum (I was twelve then, nineteen now). it seems as most people know one another here. no one really stands out from the "masses", and therefore I do not see many members as iconic.

but AceHart defenitively was. and I would say thehelper too, I don't frequent many forums where anyone with a corresponding position actually spend so much time getting to know the members.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Iconic means you're different enough to be recognized. Honestly, I hate attention, so no doubts.

Being in a small and shrinking community means everyone knows one another well enough, though, that there's no "crowd" for one to stand out from. You don't see anyone who stands out from the rest when you have five of the best in front of you, each with their own talents.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Let's say everybody in the entire "TH forum" are "iconic"
Included "The Evolved Panda Commandant"
Nuff Said!

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
there really aren't that many posters on TH - on the forums that I browse I can pick out of a pool of about 25-30 people who will respond - granted that does not include the WE help zone (or the sc2 one), but still..

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
The forum's called TheHelper; not many people would come here for more than that.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.