"Everybody loves" II: Murlocs

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
My last map, "Elfhame" (www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41075), wasn't as well-received as I hoped, partly because a lot of potential testers didn't like the idea of non-Warcraft elves. With that in mind, I decided my next melee map would conform to Warcraft as much as possible, while still retaining enough originality to make it interesting.

As far as I know, nobody's made a map where you can play as the Murlocs.

"Murfolk" is a four-player melee map with two teams: two Naga players in the north, and a Murloc and Makrura player in the south. Most of the units are unchanged from their Warcraft stats, though I have had to make some exceptions for the sake of gameplay:

- The Makrura Tidal Lord and Sea Giant Behemoth are now Makrura heroes.
- The Murloc Sorcerer from the Frozen Throne demo has been given more spells.
- Murloc Tiderunners are now the workers for the Murlocs.
- The Makrura have several custom units, including two kinds of hydra, a worker crab, and a "transport turtle".
- Food costs for the Murlocs have been reduced, to give them that "evil ganking b******s" feel.

So download, play, and enjoy! What did you like best? What could be improved? Do costs or units need tweaking? Let me know what you think!

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Uh...no, I don't recall everyone hating murlocs. Murlocs are cool, which is why one of my projects is an AoS with them versus the Naga.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
herra-sika said:
i love murlocs! btw im making my own murlock map right now :D <3
Yeah, you should go better ask Darthfett if he loves Murlocs XD...
Blarg I'm dead I can help by testing the map ;)

Reaction score
herra-sika said:
i love murlocs! btw im making my own murlock map right now :D <3
Rinpun said:
Murlocs are cool, which is why one of my projects is an AoS with them versus the Naga.
Heh! I was making a murloc/turtle map, was cool but I got bored because of some minor things that I couldn't decide. Everyone is making murloc maps now :D <3.

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Really? I had no idea...

Still, nice to know that I've stumbled on something people (probably) enjoy.

For once. :eek:

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
BlargIAmDead said:
Really? I had no idea...

Still, nice to know that I've stumbled on something people (probably) enjoy.

For once. :eek:
Cheer up, man.If you insist on this map with patience and staggering will, it shall become a deed to Murloc lovers, I quote that ;)

Mullit

Reaction score
Im working on terrain for a murloc map at the moment. someone in my clan is making a murloc tribes thing like the troll tribe maps.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Rinpun said:
Uh...no, I don't recall everyone hating murlocs. Murlocs are cool, which is why one of my projects is an AoS with them versus the Naga.

Murlocs do rock, almost as much as Ogre's which is the ultimate wc3 creatures :cool:

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Yes, the brutal bashing power of ogres is virtually unmatched, and the way they jiggle their bellies with pride is an inspiration to us all.

A-ha, but can an ogre swim?

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
BlargIAmDead said:
Yes, the brutal bashing power of ogres is virtually unmatched, and the way they jiggle their bellies with pride is an inspiration to us all.

A-ha, but can an ogre swim?

Probably too stupid to swim, but they still pwn :)

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Hooray for days off of work!

Right, I'll leave the map up for a few more days, just in case anybody has any suggestions for terraining, unit balance, etc. If there aren't any, I'll go ahead and start making a Murloc-Makrura campaign, and put "Elfhame" back on the forums (which definitely needed some tweaking...).

hellmonja27

Reaction score
sori, i haven't had time to review any maps lately. will try to find time and test this out and hopefully give you a full feedback...

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Technically, that's not a bug. The animators at Blizzard forgot to make a Makrura swim animation, so if you give them "amphibious" movement, they just walk on top of the water. I thought that looked silly, so I kept them land- and shallows-based. But I have given the Makrura some hydras, and turtles to ride, which do have a swim animation. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.