!Exploration!

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
!Exploration! [Alpha Released]

Exploration
Alpha Released!!!

In exploration you take the role of a hero who is exploring a strange and new land (with mushrooms) make allies and enemies, as well as an army. From wacky goblins, to green trees, theres lots to play.

What makes this map so different? A couple of things, the first is the way you build bases. Not a single unit will build buildings, then how do you build bases, you ask? Across the map are (hundreds) of small and large points which you can take control of, and then upgrade, and when they die they become neutral again.

The four points are: tower, trap, production, and resource. Towers are used for damage and protection. Traps are used for sneaky tricks. Production points build your army. And Finally Resource points give you gold and food.

The next thing that makes it unique is the fact that any time you build something, upgrade something, or research something you spend lumber which is constantly regenerated, this means you must plan what you do, you cant build a super unit and research something within seconds of each other, therefore you must make tactical decisions. The maximum amount of lumber you have is dependent on your hero.

The objective is to be the last hero standing.

THE LIST:
-A new type of strategy map. (i.e. the main system for play) [Finished]
-13 more unique heroes [planned] (including, elves, humans, dwarfs, northred, demons, undead, spider, trolls, orcs, and panda)
-1 scheming Naga [started]
-1 ancient tree [balancing]
-1 wacky goblins [balancing]
-weather [finished]
-map [finished]
-unique item system [started]

Note: if you want to see the code for part of the map just pm me I'll be happy to send it.

Pictures of the map, the goblin and the ent teams are up to date.

Release: Alpha v1.00b
Internal Version: Alpha v1.02g
Currently: Awaiting Response! and starting item system

Attachments

• goblins.jpg
    goblins.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 297
  • ents.JPG
    ents.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 290
  • MapFull.JPG
    MapFull.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 264
  • Exploration_A_v1_00b.w3x
    118.3 KB · Views: 226

morno

Reaction score
sounds nice :) im goin to look in this forum the rest of the days and the rest of my days :)

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
You should make it so that you have a reputation with the different factions and groups. If your reputation with a group is bad (killing to much of them for example) they are hostile towards them. If your reputation with a group increases, you can train more and more different and advanced units of that group. (You can increase your reputation with the group by helping them, ~quests maybe?)

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
Picture of the goblin team, mostly done. The units in the picture are the units unique to the goblins, they will share some units with other teams, and a couple of units evrey team will have.

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
So Update: Last couple of days I've been creating new content, revising old/bad content and balancing the goblin team. My testing team has been very helpful and has found 12 diffrent fatal errors... in 2 hours (all now fixed). They have also given me helpful suggestion aswell as... well wierd ones (penguin team that can build pie?!?!) Anyways I hope to start the second team soon.

Hint: Think green and purple

You should make it so that you have a reputation with the different factions and groups. If your reputation with a group is bad (killing to much of them for example) they are hostile towards them. If your reputation with a group increases, you can train more and more different and advanced units of that group. (You can increase your reputation with the group by helping them, ~quests maybe?)

-That sounds intresting but this is a player vs player free for all map, with matches taking between 15-30 minutes, there are no npcs.

P.S. A shout out to Psiblade94122 for his help with a really strange problem.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
>penguin team that can build pie?!?!
i <3 that idea XD

a suggestion, instead of spawning in a "random" area, i would suggest them spawning on a resource node with a free goldmine (not sure if you gave it the same name, but the model was a gold mine) that way players will start with a gold income instead of just a wood income (and it'll give newer players a easier start and give them a glimpse of what to do) then from there because they have a gold income, they can start on placing the walls / towers (though your control system of course) <if i remember correctly, you made walls cost 5 gold or something> or they can start production of units (if a production point is close to them)

also, for the hero selection, just to conserve map space and triggers, i would like to also suggest to do heroes tavern style, this will allow you to make tooltips for the hero, explaining each abilities, so each player will have an ability to make a educated choice when selecting their hero

ps: no problemo, this is what this site is for, helping each other out, i still don't know how the trigger works tho @.@

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
Those are both great ideas, thanks, the goldmine one I had never cocived, but the tavern one, I did think about, but I didn't know how to do it, so i tossed it out the window.. (That was 1 and a half years ago) but now that you mention it...

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
well I've been gone awhile but I have been working on it, the second team, nature, is nearing completion and the goblins are getting polished off.

I also introduced standerdized shortcuts (q is 0,0 z is 0,2 v is 3,2 ect.)

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
No, but the northrend team will have penguins. :)

Oh yea, im planning on an alpha release to help me to balance the game, so look to this space late saturday, early sunday.

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
Well there is no way to fit in quests like that, this is a free-for-all game between players... there are no npc's, and as to what I said, Im sorry I ran in to major bug problems, and no way am I going to release a buged game, but before Sunday next weekend for sure ill have an alpha out. I'm just hoping some people want to play this game, because i really need feedback (mainly on balancing).

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
off topic : T3rm1nat0r whats with you and your obsession with quests <if your gona reply to this, replay in a PM so it dosent spam the thread>?

On topic: take your time with the bugs, things like that happen, dont worry about it

and a suggestion for future versions, differnt arenas in wich the game would take place in. IE: Mushroom Land (your original map), The unknown forest (a green forest <much differnt fro myour original map in terms of terrain and colors used for eyecandy and everything>, Black Earth (basicaly an undead tileset)
this will increse the verety in gameplay because of the differnt maps, game developers have bin useing this start to increse replay value for ages (IE: counterstrike, same basic gameplay <bomb, or hostage> but on differnt maps, all running on the same engine) So your map will be like one big map that contains other maps in it, it shuld all run fine because your system shuld be made with variables and whtnot for the core gamepaly (IE: your spawns and captures along with your upgrade systems) so if you ARE going to make something like this, all you need is a arena selection trigger and the differnt arenas and your set to go

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
off-topic: I don't have a clue why i am obsessed with quests.

On-topic: It's a cool game... can't wait. If you need help, feel free to ask...

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
Ok tommarrow, for sure, an alpha version will be realesed so you guys can give me feed back. But for now check out the new pictures (The goblin team may look like they have less units but they have mercinares, as do other teams, also they have alot of traps and towers)

The alpha version im planning on relesing will have the ents and goblins, as well as an early version of the map. (which is no where near finished) the reason im relesing early is so that I can have people help me to bug test and balance these two teams, by their input.

The map will be protected if you want an unprotected version (to look at not to play) then pm me and I'll consider it.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
this seems a lot like Goblin Exploration... but im not the guy who brings someone down cuz i know how that feels (i gave up like 3 maps cuz of what people said.. lol) so keep up the work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.