Extending the Pathing Layer

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Are any of the tools in the Pathing Layer exposed in the Data module (every other layer is exposed in the Data module... except Pathing?).

Was wondering if I could create a Building tool which allows buildings to be constructed in specific cells (ramps).

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
If you mean you can only build in certain areas, you could just put "No building" pathing everywhere except on the places that can be built on.

Cheekything

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I think he means that he cannot build on ramps and the pathing wont let him.

I've got the same problem and I'm yet to find a solution.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Well, you could make a dummy ability, make it point targetted, and when its casted on the ramp, you place the building there.
And if the building cant place there, make the building an unmovable unit, which is essentialy a building.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Building is essentially what is being done half of the game. It is very specific on where buildings are placed and to UI of placing them is a must.

Would rather go without traditional cliffs than to make it based off an ability (unless that ability allows you the same UI as building, IE, red squares in unbuildable locations).

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Building is essentially what is being done half of the game. It is very specific on where buildings are placed and to UI of placing them is a must.

Would rather go without traditional cliffs than to make it based off an ability (unless that ability allows you the same UI as building, IE, red squares in unbuildable locations).

If you build a building on uneven ground, the terrain levels out so it is flat. I assume this would be the reason why you can't build on ramps and why non-traditional cliffs will not work. I don't see you having much luck on this topic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.