FATAL ERROR

rogers

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I keep getting this error (see attached file) while playing my map, and I can't figure out what exactly is happening. I've got so many triggers it would take weeks to disable one at a time and play for an hour or so (which is usually how long it takes before it occurs) to figure out if it is a trigger causing it. What else could cause this error?

Attachments

• wc3_error.PNG
    wc3_error.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 254

Solu9

Reaction score
That could possibly be a whole lot of things. But try to look for triggers that are associated with the area/progress you are at. Also try to remember what triggers could possibly run an infinite loop.

Imp Midna

Reaction score
Post a few crash logs (and maybe your map (might as well be protected, no problem at all)), ill get cheat engine running and try to find out whats causing the problem. The null pointer is defintely pointing towards a trigger of some sort. Maybe if have luck like the last two times i did this :)

rogers

Reaction score
I think I've figured it out. Too many selecting large groups of units too soon together. Going to disable all of them and see if those triggers are the cause. I notice when those selections are being done it seems to grab some heavy memory, despite my destroying the group with "call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)".

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
Or it could be that you are trying to level an ability on a dead unit.

Imp Midna

Reaction score
Memory has to come from somewhere, whether you destroy the group afterwards or not. Also, heavy memory usage is unlikely to cause null pointer exceptions. I'd rather assume that you use some group or variable that you destroyed before.

rogers

Reaction score
Or it could be that you are trying to level an ability on a dead unit.
There may still be one of these errors somewhere. I've got some cleanup to do.

Memory has to come from somewhere, whether you destroy the group afterwards or not. Also, heavy memory usage is unlikely to cause null pointer exceptions. I'd rather assume that you use some group or variable that you destroyed before.
I've been selecting groups of units then selecting groups near each of the units in those groups, performing some more actions then clearing the groups.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.