File limit when i want to play in local with my map

sirjasalot

Reaction score
hi all i've made a map and i can't get it to work in local area network becasue apparently the file is too big. I have 14 000 ko. What the maximum i can have? I don't have much on the map anyways. i have a few customized heroes, buildings, trees, gold mines with infinite gold in it but that's pretty much it. Anyone know what i could do?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:(:(:(

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> 14 000 ko

Did you mean 14,000 kb?

> I don't have much on the map

I would assume it's 14 mb. Remove the imported music and song files from your map. They are the ones contributing to map size. Else, I really can't see how your map could go that big. Unless you imported really a lot of models or skins or icons.

The size limit in LAN or Bnet is about 4mb. You can't go more than that. If you have a lot of model, skins or icon imports, then you might want to try to use this to compress your map.

sirjasalot

Reaction score
Ok but what does that dl do? and i didnt import and songs or skins or icons.

oh in fact i had. I didn't remember becasue i've been working on it for a while trying to fix the prob. it reduced it a lot. it's now down to 64 ko. Thanks a lot. I didn't know songs took up so much.

thanks a bunch man i took em off and now it works. I sut hope it wont bug anymore lol. thanks a lot.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> i didnt import and songs or skins or icons.

o_O You did not? Then I'm surprised by how you make your map size that big. Are you sure? Try checking the Import Manager (press F12). What files you got there? If it's empty, then I can help no further. Really don't know how you get the huge map size without imports.

Edit:
Ah.. I'm slow.

Try not too send multiple post. You can edit your post :).

sirjasalot

Reaction score
opps, yeah forgot i could do that. haha. sorry. but now the map is fine i can load it in lan. Thanks a bunch

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.