Finishing Difficulty Dialog and DifficultyTrigger applying to monsters

Silentnight1

Reaction score
I have a few questions on finishing up my Difficulty setting choices and voting system for setting difficulty. Trigger blew is my Dialog setup and display. *Note* My Dialog Button Array is working fine so I did not include them, cuz its late and im tired. >.<

I am having problems somewhere, that I guess I am unsure on what exactly the Triggers, Very Easy, Easy, etc, need to say for them to work. What I want is for my Var_DifficultyTrigger, to apply itself to each spawning wave of mobs to obviously lower/raise thier hp as was set. The Trigger below is the showing of the Dialog and selection, and setting the Var_Difficulty Trigger. The Trigger below that is what I currently have my Very Easy Trigger set to.

*Please keep comments and redundancies to a minimum if I have any triggers repeating unneeded lines but wont affect anything*

Trigger:
  • Trigger: Dialog Difficulty
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in Defenders and do (Dialog - Show Var_Dialog for (Picked Player))
      • Set Var_DifficultyTrigger = Medium &lt;gen&gt;
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • If ((Var_DifficultyVote[0] Greater then Var_DifficultyVote[1]) and (Var_DifficultyVote[0] Greater then Var_DifficultyVote[2])) then do (Set Var_DifficultyTrigger = Very Easy &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Var_DifficultyVote[1] Greater then Var_DifficultyVote[2]) and (Var_DifficultyVote[1] Greater then Var_DifficultyVote[0])) then do (Set Var_DifficultyTrigger = Easy &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Var_DifficultyVote[2] Greater then Var_DifficultyVote[1]) and (Var_DifficultyVote[2] Greater then Var_DifficultyVote[0])) then do (Set Var_DifficultyTrigger = Medium &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
      • Trigger - Run Var_DifficultyTrigger (checking conditions)
    • Trigger: Very Easy &lt;gen&gt;
      • Events
      • Conditions
        • (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
      • Actions
        • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 12 (Brown)) and do (Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to 80.00%)

Not sure what else I have to do. I tried setting up a Run Trigger Var_DifficultyTrigger, on the end of the spawning waves trigger but that didnt work, not sure what I need to do from here.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Your condition in the Very Easy trigger is just superfluous and is likely preventing the trigger from firing. (Since you're running it with conditions being checked.)

Just get rid of it.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok, first there is a 24h no-doubleposts rule here on the forum...

Secondly, so you just want every unit created for Player 12 (Brown) to have either 80%, 90% or 100% hp when created, right ?

Then why not do this:
Trigger:
  • Difficulty Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Difficulty Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 80.00%
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Difficulty Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 90.00%
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Difficulty Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 100.00%
        • Else - Actions

As you can see I've used an integer variable for the difficulty, instead of whatever you're using there (Is that a region variable ?! :S Or is it a trigger variable, maybe ? :eek:) as it's much easier to work with :p

Silentnight1

Reaction score
As you can see I've used an integer variable for the difficulty, instead of whatever you're using there (Is that a region variable ?! :S Or is it a trigger variable, maybe ? :eek:) as it's much easier to work with.

First, I am using a Trigger Variable to set the difficulty after the vote, and assuming there is nothing wrong with my setup of the Trigger Variable, would this work?

but is this ROC? looks like ur using if/then/multiple action which aint allowed in ROC Editor.

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A Unit enters (Playable Map Area)
    • Conditions
      • Var_DifficultyTrigger Equal to Very Easy &lt;gen&gt;
    • Actions
      • If ((Triggering player) equal to Player 12 (Brown)) then do (Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 80.00%) Else do (do nothing)

xXGauntletXx

Reaction score
Seeing that you mentioned it was ROC editor, just stick the additional if/thens in the else statement of the one before.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Trigger:
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If ((Triggering player) equal to Player 12 (Brown)) then do (Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 80.00%) Else do (do nothing)

Change to:
Trigger:
  • Difficulty Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (Var_DifficultyTrigger Equal to Very Easy &lt;gen&gt;) then do (Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 80.00%) Else do (do nothing)
      • If (Var_DifficultyTrigger Equal to Easy &lt;gen&gt;) then do (Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 90.00%) Else do (do nothing)
      • If (Var_DifficultyTrigger Equal to Medium &lt;gen&gt;) then do (Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 100.00%) Else do (do nothing)

That works in RoC right ? :S

Silentnight1

Reaction score
Trigger:
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Change to:
Trigger:
  • Difficulty Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (Var_DifficultyTrigger Equal to Very Easy &lt;gen&gt;) then do (Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 80.00%) Else do (do nothing)
      • If (Var_DifficultyTrigger Equal to Easy &lt;gen&gt;) then do (Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 90.00%) Else do (do nothing)
      • If (Var_DifficultyTrigger Equal to Medium &lt;gen&gt;) then do (Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 100.00%) Else do (do nothing)

That works in RoC right ? :S

Ya taht works in ROC, kind of a pain, i know, curse I share wit running a ROC Clan, but Ty for that, I just said screw it and dropped the Trigger Variable and switched the difficulty settings to an integer variable, and its working fine now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.