First few questions out of many

DarkPillWar3

Reaction score
Ok I've gotten a few answers in the past but none of them were really clear on how to do it except from this website. This may be my first map but I am not that nooby at making maps and I know the basics ... so my first problem will be this ...

1) I created two switches for raising and lowering a bridge that was above deep water.... When the bridge is lowered then the units can still walk across... why can they still walk across? the bridge is lowered below water but why? ... please help me in any way that you can... :(

Ok that was my first problem so my second problem will be this ...

2) I made the Hero Arthas(I changed the hero name to something else) and I put it in the tavern after making sure the gold cost was 10000 and the lumber cost was 2500(it is a really good hero and there are other heroes in the tavern) but when i checked the gold and lumber cost in the game he was free ... why is this? I mean his gold cost should be 10000 & lumber 2500 so why was he free? ... please help me in any way that you can ... :(

Btw I will have more problems that need answering in the future ...

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
1) If your lowered bridge is still too high, they can walk. Try lowering it further.

2) Are you sure that you didn't mistake Repair/Revive gold/lumber cost with the normal one?

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
1) I'm not really sure, but an alternate way to fix it would be to spawn pathing blockers.

2) All first heroes are free, you have to change that in gameplay constants

DarkPillWar3

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the help ... well now time for 3rd & 4th

3) My problem this time is When I tried to make a trigger for typing something like -kill (which means when i type that it kills teh unit instantly) it doesn't do a thing ... i don't know how to make it work ... please help me in anyway that you can ...

4) My next problem is that i want a footman to not have a weapon i can't find anyway to remove the sword ... please help me in anyway that you can ...

Vaius

Reaction score
4) You need to download a custom model, or make one yourself. Or, you could create a custom texture for it based off the real one that has the sword invisible.

dudeim

Reaction score
Well with the 3th problem if you want to kill a preset unit it's easy just put in as action

Unit - Kill "your unit"

If it's not preset it's going to be a little bit harder.
When you create the unit put it into an integer array (variable accesed using ctrl+B in the trigger editor)
and then do:
Unit - Kill "your integer variable[your unit number]"

And for the 4th problem goto www.hiveworkshop.com (dunno if i can post a link to another site?) and goto models and find a weaponless model of a footman.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
For the first one, I am not sure but isn't there a function that is

Trigger:
  • Revive [YourBridge] or Kill[Your Bridge]

For the killing part

Trigger:
  • Player [What player you want] types a chat message containing -kill
    • Actions
    • Unit - Kill Selected Unit

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.