Crime Five shot dead in Albuquerque, teen charged

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
A teenager shot dead two adults and three children inside a Albuquerque home, authorities in New Mexico said on Sunday. A Bernalillo County sheriff spokesman, Aaron Williamson, said the boy's motive and connection to the five victims were not immediately known.

The shootings took place late Saturday; the suspect has since been apprehended and booked on murder and other charges. Police are trying to determine whether the victims were related, Williamson told the Associated Press. Their identities have not been released.

The incident comes just days after President Barack Obama outlined his plan to curb America's culture of gun violence, following the massacre last month of 20 children and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut. That incident led to the setting up of a White House taskforce, headed by vice-president Joe Biden, which has since put forward a broad plan that includes a ban on assault rifles and high-capacity magazines alongside improved background checks for gun owners.

Read Moar Here.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Aww, we can't have assault rifles anymore? But the military can? Sounds sketchy.

warcraft7

Reaction score
I'm seriously going to jump on the conspiracy theorist band wagon...too many "shootings" Happening far too close together. THE GOVERMENT WANTS ALL OUR GUNS! MAN THE TIN FOIL HATS!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Aww, we can't have assault rifles anymore? But the military can? Sounds sketchy.
I think it's like the past hundred years, there has been one murder with a legally owned automatic weapon. And that was committed by a police officer.

Also, fucking New Mexico. Not surprising. And please don't turn all this shit into a conspiracy thing, I don't have the energy for that.

Fatmankev

Reaction score
I mean, I can certainly understand their reasoning behind it, but I'm not really prepared to give up our ability to defend ourselves from the ever-growing tyranny that our government is capable of bringing, especially for something like these shootings where the right handgun would be equally as effective. They work fine on flesh, just not so much on the armor that a trained military might be equipped with.

Varine

Reaction score
As opposed to the body armor an untrained military might wear?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean, I can certainly understand their reasoning behind it, but I'm not really prepared to give up our ability to defend ourselves from the ever-growing tyranny that our government is capable of bringing, especially for something like these shootings where the right handgun would be equally as effective. They work fine on flesh, just not so much on the armor that a trained military might be equipped with.
Also:
If somebody is ready to go and murder dozens of people, i dont think a law will hold him back from getting hands on a bigger gun.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Anyone here been shot by a gun before?
I'd like a description of how it feels. I mean, it's a tiny metal pellet that pierces your body. Unless it hits some vital organs, shouldn't it be pretty hard to shoot and kill someone?

I'm suddenly interested because I keep reading news of these shootings.

DarkRevenant

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Anyone here been shot by a gun before?
I'd like a description of how it feels. I mean, it's a tiny metal pellet that pierces your body. Unless it hits some vital organs, shouldn't it be pretty hard to shoot and kill someone?

I'm suddenly interested because I keep reading news of these shootings.
Depends on the type of bullet and where you're hit. Some bullets won't consistently kill even on a headshot. Other types will kill you consistently unless you're hit in a far extremity (foot or hand). There are all sorts of ways a bullet can kill someone:
1. Hit in a primary organ (brain, heart, liver, lungs, etc)
2. Blood loss (severed artery)
3. Nervous system damage (spine, neck, etc)
4. Hydrostatic shock (pulverizes everything near the bullet, on particularly high-kinetic-energy rounds)

Also, assault rifles have no value for hunting or self-defense. Shotguns, handguns, long rifles, etc. all have civilian purposes for hunting and defense but not assault rifles.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Very fitting, a mafia profile pic. Thanks for clearing that up.
Hydrostatic shock doesn't sound very fun at all.. Looking it up on wikipedia scared me even more!

mushroom911

I think I should change my avatar
Reaction score
there are too many shootings with too little time between, never any motive nor reason THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
there are too many shootings with too little time between, never any motive nor reason THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE
It seems they are Psychopaths Well, they kill "for no reason" Or they're Just plain EVIL!

Varine

Reaction score
That untrained military would likely be the rest of us, and I don't feel like most of us have body armor.
We're not a military. An untrained military would have the same shit, they just wouldn't know how to use it.

Fatmankev

Reaction score
Fine, a paramilitary group, then. Fuckin' semantics, you knew what I meant.

Varine

Reaction score
Fine, a paramilitary group, then. Fuckin' semantics, you knew what I meant.
Police and militias usually have body armor too. Well, bigger militias (some places really like having them, and they get a LOT of money. Some places don't like having a militia, and it primarily consists of drunk teenagers and over-zealous rednecks who took Red Dawn way too seriously as kids). What you mean is a rebel force.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.