Football Arena Walls & Bounceoff

Medeam

Reaction score
This should work, you will have to heavily modify it however, it works better then regions/rects.

Attachments

• For your football.w3x
    16.9 KB · Views: 161

Mythes

Reaction score
@Kaerf

Ball enters in the range of Ball ?
That would be a infinite loop of events (= crash) or a event that would never happen....

@Medeam

Tried out your map... Will tweak it A LOT but it gave me some ideas of something's that can work...
Thanks =)
Will post here any updts.

@Update

Ok, i got this so far:

Trigger:
  • Arena
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 0 to 11, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 WALL for Neutral Passive at ((Center of Arena <gen>) offset by ((-704.00 + (128.00 x (Real((Integer A))))), 704.00)) facing 270.00 degrees
          • Set WallType = (Unit-type of (Last created unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 WALL for Neutral Passive at ((Center of Arena <gen>) offset by ((-704.00 + (128.00 x (Real((Integer A))))), -704.00)) facing 270.00 degrees
          • Unit - Create 1 WALL for Neutral Passive at ((Center of Arena <gen>) offset by (704.00, (-704.00 + (128.00 + (Real((Integer A))))))) facing 270.00 degrees
          • Unit - Create 1 WALL for Neutral Passive at ((Center of Arena <gen>) offset by (-704.00, (-704.00 + (128.00 + (Real((Integer A))))))) facing 270.00 degrees
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type WallType) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to Ball kickback <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within 128.00 of (Picked unit))

This creates a "Dummy Locust" at each point of a pre-existing wall, and makes them WallType unit-type.
Then, I make a Event for this trigger:

Trigger:
  • Ball kickback
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Ball
    • Actions
      • Set EnterAngle = (Facing of (Triggering unit))
      • Set ExitAngle = (90.00 - EnterAngle)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop

I put "Order unit to Stop" to avoid the ball going any further from the wall (didn't try the kickback effect just yet...)
But, for some reason, that isn't working... Ideas?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
What I meant was:
Trigger:
  • Rebound
    • Events
      • A unit comes within 100.00 of Ball
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering Unit)) Equal to Barrier
    • Actions
      • Rebounding actions

Mythes

Reaction score
@Kaerf
Interesting. Shall try right away.
Post results 2morrow or some time soon.

Doesn't work.
When you select "A unit comes within *range* of <Unit>*, this <Unit> must be selected in the map or be preset.
I have no idea how to preset with GUI.
I had an idea for the "single ball" thing that may work...
I was going to make a multi-creation trigger for the ball, thus being something like this:

1 - Ball is created in the center of the map.
2 - A Hero passes near the ball and "acquires it".
3 - Acquiring the ball = the ball is removed from the game and hero who got the ball recieves the buff "Has the Ball".
4 - Heroes have a skill (Shoot!) that can only works if the hero have the ball (thus, if activated when the hero doesn't have the ball, it does nothing).
5 - If heroes activate the Shoot!, it creates a ball right in front of him and he shoots the ball in the direction he is facing.
6 - If the ball comes close to another Hero, we go back to step 2 again.

That would require that a new ball was created every time a hero would shoot it.

But I'll try "hiding" the ball, and, when a player shoots, it'll "unhide the ball" and "move it to front of the shooter".
But this will take some time, and I have none for some while. Sometime soon, I'll post the results.

Thanks again,
Myt.

Mythes

Reaction score
I'm at a lost... I'm posting my map and hoping that someone can tell me how to fix this...
I'm trying 3 things:

1 - When the ball is on the field and a unit approaches it (being the unit a hero), the ball "disappears" and the player recieves a buff. (already accomplished)

2 - When the player has the buff and uses it's Shoot ability, the ball is launched from him towards the direction he pointed the ability and it loses speed the further it travels (the decaying speed I have accomplished but something about the Shooting isn't quite right. Doesn't work all the time)

3 - When the ball collides against a WALL unit, it is teleported back to the center of the field. (I was hoping to make a bounce-back effect, but I'll do that later).

The map:
View attachment Magic Football Elite 2.w3x

Thanks again,

Myt.

Dirac

Reaction score
Event - A unit enters (entire map)
Conditions - Unit type of entering unit equal to Ball
Actions - Add Event to trigger (Unit becomes within 100 of (entering unit))

Dirac

Reaction score
Doesn't work.
When you select "A unit comes within *range* of <Unit>*, this <Unit> must be selected in the map or be preset.
I have no idea how to preset with GUI.
that

Mythes

Reaction score
But I have tried something else.
Read post #26.
I'll try what you said as well, but i'm focusing on #26 right now...

Mythes

Reaction score
Everything was solved thanks to a friend. If anyone wants, I'll post the triggers.

Thanks again for everything, everyone. Rep+ to all.

Myt.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Could you? I'm thinking about incorporating the rebound system into one of my maps:).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.