Football Manager 2008 (wont run in window)

Penguin-

Reaction score
Football Manager 2008 runs fine on my pc but it wont seem to run in non-fullscreen mode. It switches, and I can see it and it looks great but an error window appears saying cannot switch, make sure my pc is compatible with this mode.

I fiddled with my screen resolution and whacked it up to max of 2048x1536 and it worked, but obviously the resolution knocked everything out of sync.

So I was thinking maybe my screen resolution is too small? I'm running at 1280x800 (widescreen laptop).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Try setting your screen resolution to

1280 x 1024

You have a widescreen laptop so that should not be a problem. Make sure you have the absolute latest drivers for your laptop video card. Even if the computer is new that does not mean you have the latest drivers. Check your laptop manufacturer or Graphics card manufacturer to see if there have been any patches or updates.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of your game - have you installed the latest patch?

Penguin-

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I do have the latest game patch and graphics drivers. So you don't think that the physical screen size could be the issue?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try setting the resolution to what I suggested in the previous post -

1280 x 1024

I did some Internet research on problems with the video and that is the mode you should use to be in the default I believe.

Yes, if your physical screen size or some hardware limitation keeps you from getting into an optimal video mode you could have this problem.

G

gegaega

hello

Football Manager 2008 runs fine on my pc but it wont seem to run in non-fullscreen mode. It switches, and I can see it and it looks great but an error window appears saying cannot switch, make sure my pc is compatible with this mode.

I fiddled with my screen resolution and whacked it up to max of 2048x1536 and it worked, but obviously the resolution knocked everything out of sync.

So I was thinking maybe my screen resolution is too small? I'm running at 1280x800 (widescreen laptop).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, i think you are so clever and you can do it well. :banghead: Warhammer gold how about this game? is that cheap for me???

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.