Found a bug in the editor when creating buttons tooltips

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hey all,

I don't know exactly what it is, but I try to explain the next thing in the most clearest way I can

Alright, when I go to the data editor and creating buttons, let's do my 5 'stun buttons' for example:

Button 1: Plasma Shock 1
tooltip: the Plasma Shock has 5% chance to stun targeted unit for 1 seconds

Button 2: Plasma Shock 2
tooltip: the Plasma Shock has 6% chance to stun targeted unit for 2 seconds

Button 3: Plasma Shock 2
tooltip: the Plasma Shock has 7% chance to stun targeted unit for 3 seconds

Button 4: Plasma Shock 2
tooltip: the Plasma Shock has 8% chance to stun targeted unit for 4 seconds

Button 5: Plasma Shock 2
tooltip: the Plasma Shock has 9% chance to stun targeted unit for 5 seconds

I am 100% SURE I put the right buttons in the right ability command card and gave them the right ability 'passive' and 100% SURE it's the right unit.
I even checked the 'stun behaviors' UI and the icons + tooltip were the same, but I'm don't know exactly if this has something to do with the button which shown up in the unit command card

Now when I am in game, something is messed up because the fourth stun button shows: '5% chance to stun targeted unit for 1 seconds' while I JUST created '8% chance for 4 seconds' for the fourth stun button!
So I say 'relax' to myself and go into the editor again and open my 'stun 4 button' and see it is 8% stun for 4 seconds (am I crazy?)
So I change this tooltip of button 4 to '5% stun for 1 seconds' and give it to my first tower it works fine for now
But when I change my first stun button to '8% stun for 4 seconds' for some reason it denies it and still shown '5% stun for 1 seconds' in game

Can please somebody tell me what's wrong here?
I already found out I better can create new buttons (right click 'create new button') instead of duplicate or copy/paste them

First I was set the button all to 'stun' but give them other ID like 'stun1, stun2, stun3, stun4, stun5.
So I hoped when giving all my stun button a diffirent primairy name it should fix this bug but still got this problem up here, even when giving the button all a diffirent name

This really drives me crazy! Spending hours on it and everything seems fine when checking the data
Please help me

MissKerrigan

note: I am 100 SURE I set the right button name/ability/ability command (cards)/button in ability/ability to passive/right button to the right tower

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.