Frost Nova (was: Need Help)

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Ok so heres the problem. My map 's unit shoots out a frost nova (effect) abilty and i want to change it and i changed it by changing it to default setting but it still doesnt work and it still show the frost nova effect in the game. Need help Thanks.

verdr3t

Reaction score
Um, huh?

I don't quite get you here. Correct me if I'm wrong...

You added the "Frost Nova" ability to a unit and you want to change the SFX Effect of the ability to something else?

or

You changed the "Art - Missile Art" of a unit to "Frost Nova" Effect and wanted to change it back by setting the field back to default?

First, tell exactly what you want to do.
Second, is it a spell or just an attack effect.
Third, what unit are we talking about.
Fourth, are we talking about a trigger? If yes, post it.

Peace verdr3t

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Ok. It doesnt involve a trigger it is a attack effect,It is a projectile art. I set the effect to frost nova (effect) and when i came back to take a look at it, it became default but still have the frost nova effect and when i change it to another effect eg throwing a peasant lol it doesnt work.

verdr3t

Reaction score
So you changed the "Combat - Projectile Art" to "Frost Nova (Effect)".

You tested the map and didn't see the "Frost Nova (effect)" projectile art but the default missile art for the unit.

when i came back to take a look at it

You checked back at the Object Editor and there is the "Frost Nova (Effect)" in
"Combat - Projectile Art". And when you change it to "Peasant" it still won't show when you test the map.

That right?

Well if that's the case check if you placed the correct unit on the map. There should be no bug like this.

If you still encounter that problem tell us what unit you are editing.

Peace verdr3t

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
No. You got it wrong yes i changed the projectile art to frost nova (Effect) and it does shows up but,when i change it to another projectile it doesnt shows up at all . And aftere that i set the projectile to default but the frost nova effect still comes up..

D

dunpealx4

set the missile speed, normally 600-2000. 0 and 10000 means instant.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
What I want is to change the frost nova (effect) projectile of the unit to its default and i changed it but it doesnt work when i tested the map

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
I have no idea why it would be like that. Maybe its your world editor bugging or something. Probably easier if you just created a new unit

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
What I want is to change the frost nova (effect) projectile of the unit to its default and i changed it but it doesnt work when i tested the map

You can't change the projectile's model because the frost nova spell is instant and doesn't use one, so if you want to make that effect, try making off another spell.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
o_O
No way.
Try resetting the value of

Combat - Projectile Art

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
no it still doesnt works
Another quick question how do u make ur character permaeently invisbilty when he is attacking

Anything.

Reaction score
Please check the following:
1) Unit does not have 'Missile (Instant)' as its Attack-type.
2) Unit is not attacking with a second attack which you did not change.
3) Your missile is moving too fast and has no death animation.
4) You're editing the wrong unit.
5) You are using a melee attack with large range and therefore no effect shows.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the help, but i got another question still how do u make ur character permaeently invisbilty when he is attacking or doing any other thing

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Well you should make another thread for that.
I think Ghost does the trick, just a random guess.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.