Frustrating! Cant connect to bnet!

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
Hi. Today i were playing wc3 TFT with my m8. After a few hours of gaming we took a break and let the accounts still be connected to bnet. (We were on LAN). Later we got back and got a message that we got DC from battlenet. That no problem, happens to when im afk too long. But then i tryed to login again and got the error:

"Unable to connect to Battlenet! You might be trying to connect to an invalid Battlenet server. If you're using a modem, you may have to manually connect to the internet before connecting to battlenet."

I have got that error a few times before and it always solved by waiting a few minutes. So i waited maybe 10 minutes and tryed again. Same error. I waited a few hours then i tryed again. Same Error. I searched around abit and it seems like i got IP banned? But why? I never cheated or anything.
I want to know why. And is there anyway to fix this? I might know a thing that could cause this. My brother brought a TFT cd-key today so he could play wc3 on his new computer. But i think he said something about that he got the RoC cd-key from internet. And when he tryed to connect to Bnet, Bnet detected the RoC CD-Key as invalid and IP banned us? Is that possible? If so, how long would that Ban last? Also he only tried once then the error started appearing.

Any help would be nice :)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
if you get your cd key from the internet, then it's most likely already being used by someone or banned.. you can buy a cd-key seperately from blizzard for like 10.00 i think.. try connecting to a different server, and i dont think blizzard is happy about lanning on B.net and that may have something to do with it

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
Ok. I see. So the CD-Key my brother got from internet was banned? Then ill tell him to uninstall his game and buy a real CD-Key. But that doesnt solve the problem. Im still banned. On all servers. Any idea on how long it will last? Also i dont see what blizzard got against lanning on bnet? What does it matter if 2 people sit in the same house or different houses?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
as far as i know blizzard dosent ip ban, they ban cd key's.. and they dont want 2 people playing on B.net at once with 1 set of cd key's, that's it.. are you running it as an administrator? what exact message does it give you when you try to connect to B.net

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
But im Lanning Bnet with 4 different CD-Keys actually. 2 RoCs and 2 TFTs. And yesterday my brother wanted to play with us 2 aswell so he got a TFT Cd-Key from a store but he found a RoC cd on internet. And i think when he was done installing he Tryed to connect to Bnet and it gave the error. After that i couldnt connect to bnet on any computer. And all uses different cd-keys. So if its a ban, its a IP ban.

Also the error im reciving is:

Unable to connect to Battlenet! You might be trying to connect to an invalid Battlenet server. If you're using a modem, you may have to manually connect to the internet before connecting to battlenet."

W

wreckeD

Your Battle.net account

Okay, here's the thing. I have a strong feeling you DIDN'T get IP banned. Should you have gotten IP banned you would have been able to connect and it would have told you your CD-Key was banned from battle.net.
I recommend completely restarting your computer and trying again. If that doesn't work I'd say to do 1 of 3 things. Either restart your whole internet, router/modem and all and then retry it once everything is up and running again. Also test if its just battlenet, and not your whole internet (explorer, aim, yahoo) by just trying to connect to an internet servive. If perhaps that doesn't work then you should call your internet service provider and ask whats wrong with your internet...
If your internet is working perfectly fine I'd suggest contacting blizzard through email or preferably by phone (works much quicker and more efficient). If both of these things don't work then post with your feedback and I'll do my best to help. ^.^

punwisp

Reaction score
as far as i know blizzard dosent ip ban, they ban cd key's.. and they dont want 2 people playing on B.net at once with 1 set of cd key's, that's it.. are you running it as an administrator? what exact message does it give you when you try to connect to B.net

we don't support using such software in these forums. -Dtere

Also if your banned, its only for a limited amount of time, unless if you ever have cheated online, then its prob good bye for you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.