Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Nexor

Reaction score
This is a great teamRPG map !
The only problem I found was the item pickup. If you don't match the requirements the item will be dropped at your feet, you can this way move the item to far distances.
I'm using this code to create an item at it's original position:

JASS:
function CreateItemAtOriginalSpot takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit u = GetTriggerUnit()
    local item i = GetManipulatedItem()
    local integer GetItemTypeId(i)
    local real x = GetItemX(i)
    local real y = GetItemY(i)

//if REQUIREMENTS != false then

call UnitRemoveItem(u, i)
    call RemoveItem(i)
    call CreateItem(it, x,y)

//endif

set u = null
    set i = null
endfunction

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Got a fatal error during the cinematic that occurs when talking to Emma in the first town after seeing the blacksmith.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Got a fatal error during the cinematic that occurs when talking to Emma in the first town after seeing the blacksmith.
Yeah ... this is something that really pisses me off. However, the cinematic isn't the problem. The fatal error seems to occur randomly. Haven't found the cause yet.
If someone finds a way to reproduce this error, please report it to me asap!

This is a great teamRPG map !
The only problem I found was the item pickup. If you don't match the requirements the item will be dropped at your feet, you can this way move the item to far distances.
Why is that a problem?

It makes it so easy... not saying its a bad idea, but adding like 3/5 mins of cooldown could make it harder
It would just heavily increase the downtime between fights, slowing down the progress and pissing people off. I don't like long waiting times in games. Waiting times always come with boring gameplay.

Rly? i have like 260 or 265 mana with my lvl 17 cleric (full equiped i think) and i just dont notice the mana loss
You are FAR too high level for the actual content. How can this ever be a measure?

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Nice game so far!

Maintain's Nature - That quest. The giver is Hunter Peterson (or something liek that), but in the quest menu it says "Huntsman Peterson has asked you to....". Should not that be "Hunter Peterson" since it is a name? Just asking.

Maintain's Nature - Is that surpose to be "Mountain's Nature"?

EDIT:

Where did you got the "light effects" that you use in the dougeuns and other palces (red, green, yellow, blue etc..)? It is a model, right? I have seen it before but cannot remember where!

Neogecko

Reaction score
me and my friends made it trough the first dungeon :D the staff looks realy cool :D but now..... there is no escape from the island XD we figured out that nearly the whole map (without the island) is still water but the map is perfect :D 5/5

PS: komm mal wieder B-net Online!

Neogecko

Reaction score
PLZ give us some information about the release date of the next version ... i can't wait for the next version :banghead:

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Due to the upcoming release of SC2 and the constant fucking up by blizzard (I'm sick of finding reasons for random non-reproducable crit-errors), we quit on the project.

I hope you understand. We expected a developement time on this of at least 1 year. It simply doesn't make sense to invest so much time into this when in the end everyone on the web upgrades to SC2 soon (which will obviously have a much better editor, allowing even higher quality maps).

Of course, we will come back to mapping on sc2

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Sooo can you answer my question..? What is the name of the model that you use to create the "light" or "glow" effects?

Hellohihi

Reaction score
Due to the upcoming release of SC2 and the constant fucking up by blizzard (I'm sick of finding reasons for random non-reproducable crit-errors), we quit on the project.

I hope you understand. We expected a developement time on this of at least 1 year. It simply doesn't make sense to invest so much time into this when in the end everyone on the web upgrades to SC2 soon (which will obviously have a much better editor, allowing even higher quality maps).

Of course, we will come back to mapping on sc2

Just when i really thought this map won't become a given up project...

Great disappointment, i had high hopes.

Neogecko

Reaction score
jo zwiebel :D

can you give me plz the script's of that map? me and m friend (Kroete) want to complete the map if you won't do that^^

the_eden

Reaction score
that would be great if someone could continue the project; i hope you willl let them do Zwiebelchen :)

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
I doubt you will be able to complete the map.

Even I sometimes get problems to get how i did something, if I can't remember it anymore. The code is unclean and confusing sometimes. Also, as I said, there are problems concerning Crit Errors and random server splits I couldn't fix. Dunno why; I doubt anyone is able to find them; The Aggro Script turned out to be pretty heavy - besides; everything is done via vJass, so if you aren't an experienced jasser, it makes no sense to even try editing the map.

teh.Fellow

Reaction score
Im the 2nd creator of Gaias Retaliation with Zwiebel togethere,
im also sad about the end of the project.

We spend verry much time in this project but i can understand Zwiebel, we got more and more errors which where not reproduceabel. And its not fun to spend 90% of the time to fix bugs.

Now if there are 1-2 verry experienced coder out there with good jass experiences which really are interested to spend time in this project, we could talk about going on.

If that would happen i would help to complete the map, but before you write be sure this would be verry much work.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
In order to fix the current problems of the map, I need to completely remaster all the systems used, especially the aggro system (which I would replace with my own custom system in order to improve overall performance); which would lead to an enormous amount of work; and I think that it's not worth it, after all.

However, as I said, you can expect an amazing SC2 RPG from me/us (Dunno if fellow switches to SC2 ... i'll miss his terraining skills, if he doesn't), once the editor is released.

I got so much experience in mapmaking with this project, that I can take a completely better "course" throughout the triggering. I did patchwork programming on Gaias Retaliation, which was absolutely the wrong choice (well, never expected the game to be so popular once I started it ... i started out only wanting to kill some time and then it turned out to bring me to perfectionism ... >.<).
For my next RPG; I will surely make an overall concept right from the start, together with a strict tidy codewriting.

Hopefully, SC2 editing goes with JASS too. Would be horrible to learn a completely new language.

Neogecko

Reaction score
Great to hear that :D

i hope there will be enough models in starcraft 2 do make a good rpg also i have a problem with the fact that SC2 is placed in the future XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.