Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Since Blizzard fucked up Jass programming with the latest patch, the map doesn't work anymore.
Maybe I will fix that ... dunno. SC2 has been delayed. Think I will reconsider continueing the project once I finish my latest KOTOR playthrough.

So basicly; THE PROJECT IS ALIVE AGAIN. k?

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Sadly, I have heard nothing of my former mapping mate until now. :/
He was always the one that wanted me to continue, but now ... dunno.

I can not continue the project without him doing the terraining stuff. It just wouldn't be the same ...
Also, I have problems converting the map to 2.4 compatibility - I used elseif quite often - ... it gives me the creeps when I think about it. Fuck blizzard for that change.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
If you want I can convert this map to work under 1.24 for you. Seems like the community really likes your map, I wouldn't want to see it go away due to Blizzard's patch.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Since I heard of my mapping mate now (he was on vacation for 5 weeks), we will continue mapping at tuesday. Sadly, I can not fix the map before tuesday, since I don't have an actual version of it.

However, I hope you can expect a fixed version at around wednesday or thursday, with more content to come after a week.

Neogecko

Reaction score
hm.. can you plz tell us some changes or some new stuff for the upcoming patches :D?

just to keep this thread running

also you should upload your ORPG here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps.php the Hiveworkshop members are always helpfull in making a good map :D also many wc3 daily search for new aps on this ste so your map will surely become very public :D

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
At the moment, I am still rewriting the threat system; however, I am pretty far.
It can't take much longer.

But I can tell you; it's worth the additional waiting time:
The new threat system will be amazing. It's 100% bug free, does even detect units that aren't actually killed (but removed, which is always a hard thing to do), stores the unit's camp groups, so that not all units return at once if one unit returns (only the camp does), etc.

Give us little more time. I hope I will be done by tuesday or something. Depends on how much time I have monday.

teh.fellow is also hard working on the terrain. If I am done rewriting all the code and making it 1.24b functional, we will release a new version. I think shortly after this, two new classes will be introduced.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
I am so looking forward to this threat system! :thup:

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
hm... so... the new version will be the old version just ... playable?
Yes, though there will be many improvements on the gameplay. Since 1.24 forced me to, I completely rewrote the quest system today. The threat system is also done.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Are you going to submit your quest system as you submitted your threat system? :)

Neogecko

Reaction score
ok i will play your new old map again but when will you release new content? i saw the map and there was MAAAAAAANY space for new terrain :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.