WIP Galaxy Risk!

Tythoid

Reaction score
my ui is taking quite a while so i was thinking of using this one instead which this guy from the hive is making and impresses me greatly :thup:

Tythoid

Reaction score
Sorry for the hiatus ive been having internet problems:thdown:. You'll be interested to know ive done alot of new units and alot of triggering and even had time to make a loading code for someones rpg. Ill start posting some progress and images once theres anything new worth showing :D

Tythoid

Reaction score
Sadly the way life works we cant pick a task and focus on it until its end we have exams social lives and sleeping that gets in the way of what we really want to do in addition we can be quite easily side tracked which is why after making the loading code for the risk i continued to make 2 more loading codes the last one which had more lines of code then all the sentences in my coursework (over a thousand).
Even though ive put a hell of alot of work into these other projects unit creation is alot more difficult for me personally as its all to do with creativity and confined in the genre of sci fi.

But work been going on I decided that the best way to finish the units instead of tailoring the units of each planet to do large races and then divide them among the planets so far there is the Gogan evil technology canibalising orcs who have 15 units. Humanity who have 20 new units based around the military and jobs such as farming.
Theres also the spectres who have 10 units that fill the role on most planets of evil ancient alien menace such as in Ghosts of Mars. Once the races for the ice planets and the island planets are done which is about 80 models ill have put the hardest part of the map behind me.

Tythoid

Reaction score
Maps finally at a stage where i can get testing. There are a few areas that need small improvements mostly just for aesthetics. Im gonig to start testing but if you play it and find any problems im ill add you to credits and +rep :)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Bonuses/Extra bits​
Ive made/making use of a cache system to save a players wins and losses simply everytime they join the cache will add +1 to games played and if they win +1 to games won. This will be visible ingame at the start or by the command -player stats .
This is to kind of give pro players a feeling that they are pro and a way to back it up. No point saying im pro at this without proof. If thats not enough if you have atleast one win you get a emperor character at the tavern at the end of the universe where you can show off your pro ness by buying items priced on how many wins you have.

i guess you are talking about game cache huh? you know that it doesnt work for multiplayer games?

Tythoid

Reaction score
i guess you are talking about game cache huh? you know that it doesnt work for multiplayer games?

Yeh ive since learnt that. The system thats going into the next v of the map will be like a loading code in the rpgs but since it had no tactical importance it will be just a 4 digit code

Tythoid

Reaction score
Just tested the map with the first group of testers and people are finding it very complex so im working on the new version which will include a short video at the start to explain how to play and some very a much more freindly interface.

Tythoid

Reaction score
New versions done i've attached it to the front page of this thread in this version i have:
-All ranged can shoot spaceships
-Improved tutorial
-Emperors have camera abilities
-Ships count as "workers" so if idle they can be located with the find idle peon (f8) ive changed the tooltip and description to find space ship.

Mainly these changes are just to improve microing. If you find any areas improvements need making +rep:thup:

BTW if you fail to notice the maps protected so don't open it in editor as it will crash it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.