[Game Idea] Musket War

WindexGlow

Reaction score
Game Style: Stragetic, real time strategy.
Game Players: 2 - 12

Main Game: It's difficult to describe, so I'll break it into features. Keep in my this is a game IDEA, not an actual game. I will NOT MAKE THIS GAME. I post my ideas on this place, so if other people want to THEY CAN DO IT THEMSELVES.

Features:
1: An 'Army' is actually a single unit. But not like You can buy 1 army for $50'.
Instead, (this is the most difficult part to explain>_< ) armies are 'imaginary' numbers of units. An army can be any size, and the player chooses (limited though) on how big it can be.
Let's say Army A is 500 men strong
Army B is 90 men strong.
You can combine A, and B and the new army would be 590 men strong.
Alternately, you can break apart armies.
So let's say the owner of Army A (500) wants to split it into 5 separate armies, he can do that.
He now has 5 completely separate armies, each one being 100 men strong. He can combine, separate, mix to his/her heart's content. More on this later.

2: 'Armies' (while being a single (only 1) unit) are made up of several different types of 'units'.
For example:

Bayonette: This soldiers move the same speed as Musketeers, but are only for close range combat.

Musketeers: this soldiers are ranged, allowing them to hit farther than Bayonette.

Marksmen: This have longer range than the musketeers, just longer reloading times.

And finally, Artillery (cannons): This have the longest range, and instead of dealing actual damage, they do 'percentage' damage, so instead of doing a set amount of damage, they damage the enemy depending on how many units his actual 'army' is.
If his army is 5,000 men strong, than it'll do alot more than if his army is 500 men strong.

3: Having certain units in your army effects you. Cannons will have the biggest difference. The more units you have slows you down and decreases your turn speed. Having several small armies can actually be smarter than having one, giant sized army (a small army can always stay behind the big army, but how to fix this will come later)

4:The size of your army matters. Let's say army A has 5,000 men, and army B has 500
Army A does 50 damage per second
army B does 40 damage per second.

Clearly army A is alot bigger, but doesn't do as much damage as it should if Army B isn't rigged.
In original musket armies, you didn't have every single soldier shooting right away, instead they were in the back area, waiting for the first guys shooting to die. While in a smaller army, almost all the guys were used. The same aspect is used here.

5: The more damage you take, the faster your army goes away. Let's pretend 2 damage kills a soldier. and 1 damage injuries him.
For every 2 damage per second the enemy does to you, you lose that many troops.
The more troops you lose, the less damage your army can do. So a bigger army will be able to keep their damage count up a much longer time than a smaller army can.

Those are the main list of features I recommend people include if they decide to do this game.

How would you create the damage/how would this work?
Quite simple. A unit attacks Set X-Z = type of soldier and how many of them, such as X = 583 calvary, while Y = 9 cannons)
If range is less than 200
than set damage = some fancy equation that uses close-range units more than long range units.

Than just do different equations if the range is different. Phoenix fire (so I'm told) is great for having multiple attacks (so you don't see a cannon attack when you have no actual cannons)

Once again, I am not making this map.
If anyone wants to / give suggestions for people who want to take this up, go ahead.

WindexGlow

Reaction score
I've played several risk games online, but all they seemed to be was alot of circles on the map, and using melee units to take them over.

If this game were to be made, you can choose exactly how big your army, how many are in it, and of what kind.
The more units it has, the slower it moves/turns, and artillery (cannons) add a drastic difference to this.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
if it gets slower as the army gets bigger, eventualy the unit wont be able to move at all, am i correct?

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I've played several risk games online, but all they seemed to be was alot of circles on the map, and using melee units to take them over.

If this game were to be made, you can choose exactly how big your army, how many are in it, and of what kind.
The more units it has, the slower it moves/turns, and artillery (cannons) add a drastic difference to this.

The circles and melee units were used cause the map was badly made. Risk is based of a Board Game, if you did not know this.

Elite Footmen

Void

Reaction score
I think, unlike risk, this map is made so that you actually fight the battles real-time instead of moving and fighting turn-based.

WindexGlow

Reaction score
It pretty much would be like that. Units would move slow enough that it would b in some ways turn based, but all players control all their units at all times, so in many ways it isn't turn based.
flanking an enemy unit would give you some extra attack potential, along with taking out their artillery first.

But whatever, someone might get a fun idea from my idea, and make it into a game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.