"Generating Map Script" - "Trees/Destructibles":what does it do?

Imp Midna

Reaction score
I am currently working on a map (well, actually its almost 2 years old), which contains many, many, many trees (about 8000). Now, saving the map takes about 40 seconds; most of this time, im waiting for the Destructible related files to be written.
Thus, i decided to hack the world editor and make him skip those tree parts. The first part was creating the doo-file. (I simply made him copy an old .doo file instead.) That saved me about 20 seconds.
Now, theres a second time that he actually seems to "save" the trees. On this step, the screen says

"Generating Map Script"
"Trees/Destructibles"

As far as i know (and as far as i could observe) (is "observe" the right word?), the bunch of "Generating Map Script" functions are writing the main script of the map (the .j file). Now, crawling through the main script, i couldn't find a single spot where the ID of the trees is even mentioned. Also, if i make the world editor skip this part, i only need about 10(!) seconds to save, which would be awsome.
But thats the problem. I dont know what this step is supposed to do. All i know is that the game is still able to load the map if i skip this part, i know that the .j file has the exact same size (and no notable difference - i didnt diff it since it had the exact same size), but that the actual map tends to be a few bytes smaller, where "a few" means 10-30 bytes.

As for this: what the heck is this step doing exactly?
(and sorry 4 the awful english ^.^)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.