Getting a door to open with a lever

warpo

Reaction score
:banghead:

Ok, In my mission you are controling the demon hunter ( Kymore ) and the object is to get out of his prison cell to freedom. ( this is the begining of my Campaign. The trigger I have and trying to get to work is you have to hit a lever hidden under some rocks ( destructible rocks ). And the damn door won't open!!!! Need some help please....

Event
- Destructible - Lever 0025 <gen> dies

Conditions
And - All conditions are true.
- ( Dying Destructible ) equal to Lever 0025
- ( Attacking Unit ) equal to Kymore 002

Actions
- Destructible - Pick every destructible in ( Open Gate with Lever Region ) <gen> and do ( destructible - open door )

for some darn reason it won't open.... Do I need a variable of some sort for my destructible?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

P

Persen

I think it's because you used "Attacking unit" without a proper event. Try making a lever unit instead of a destructible.

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
No, I don't think so. I made an open door trigger and it worked just fine.
What I did was, I made the door open when you entered a region, so maybe the event isn't friendly...

That or you added a condition that doesn't need to be there: the attacking unit.

H

hippo-power

open door wiht lever
Code:
    Events
        Destructible - Lever 0000 <gen> dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Destructible - Open Elven Gate (Diagonal 2) 0001 <gen>

P

Persen

FireWarrior said:
No, I don't think so. I made an open door trigger and it worked just fine.
What I did was, I made the door open when you entered a region, so maybe the event isn't friendly...

That or you added a condition that doesn't need to be there: the attacking unit.
Since he didnt use "a unit is attacked", there was no attacking unit. Thats what i said first time.

H

Hemmo101

Instead of attacking unit put there killing unit equal to...

warpo

Reaction score
Ahhhh.. Got it to work.. The trigger hippo power gave me worked just fine... It was more simple than I thought... Guess to many conditions can make the trigger unhappy.... TANX A BUNCH!!!

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
That's not true. How many gates did you have? We assumed that 'pick all' meant lots of gates, but if it was just one, then your action would lag.

GAHH COLORS HURTING MY EYESSSS

D

Dipski

Originally posted by warpo
Ahhhh.. Got it to work.. The trigger hippo power gave me worked just fine... It was more simple than I thought... Guess to many conditions can make the trigger unhappy.... TANX A BUNCH!!!
he already figured it out :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.