Giving a builder the ability to build a building

SH4D0WS1N

Reaction score
As title says, how do I do this?
I believe I have everything right, but the button isn't showing up in-game, even though everything I have is identical to the original Probe build ability (with the exception of my buildings)

SH4D0WS1N

Reaction score
Thanks, will try this out when I get a chance.

EDIT:
Actually, that tutorial has nothing to do with my problem, I created my own build skill and it won't show up...

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Have you added the icon to the Command Card of your probe?

Severon

Reaction score
Lets try this again. (Maybe my power will stay on this time)

As I was going to post earlier, to get your builder to build just like a probe,scv,drone with a build menu your going to need a few extra steps then what Jaccaren said, though he is right about what he said.

Keep in mind the name of things might be a little different, I'm currently at work and as such am not around a Editor.

1. Add the custom build ability to your builder(I assume you've done this)
  2. Go to the command card and add a build button.
  3. Below the comman card their is a field called "Command Type" you need to make this into submenu. This should give you a couple of additional options. Open submenu and close submenu.
  4. Choose open submenu you should get an option to choose what submenu number to choose, pick 2 as I believe one is the main command card.
  5. Next go back to the Command Card and select Command card 2. In this command Card you will add all the building icons your builder can build just make sure to leave one slot open(if you need more button places create another submenu).
  6. In this open slot you need to put the cancel that way you can return to the main command window. To do this you need to follow step 3 and 4 except choosing close submenu at step 4

Now that you have done this all the icons are linked to an action whether its to move to a different submenu or the ability to build. Let me know if you have any problems.

SH4D0WS1N

Reaction score
I believe I have done all that, but it made me think of trying something slightly different from what I did. I'll try it when ever I can (not as soon as last time)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.