going for college.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
hey guys,

'just wanna tell you that i'll be going for college already in about a week.

i'll be leaving home and going up the mountains :p.
(quite literally 'cause the city where i'll be at is up in the mountains)

this isnt a good-bye thread though, i'll be taking this laptop i'm using and my phone that can serve as my modem.
so i'll stop by sometimes.

and you may be asking why i'm going to college already while i'm only 16 :D.
the answer is that our county has a different school system than that of others.
we have no junior-high or middle school.
we enter when we're about 6, then 6 grades, 4 yrs of HS then college already.

maybe i'll spend more time on my WE than here at the forums to save my phone bill :p.

so any advice guys? hehe... :).

and oh, i'm taking Computer Science.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
What's your intended area of study?

Varine

Reaction score
but my mom says i'll try to transfer to another school next year to take Computer Engineering.

You're Mom is telling you what to major in?

I would recommend that you take some classes irrelavent to your major to be sure that's what you want to do. I was going to double major in Foreign Affairs and Arabic, and then take Russian as the minor (I was told I needed to have a minor in something else to graduate) because I already know it, but I still needed a couple more credits because so I took a class on Religious Mythology or something, and now I'm going to get a minor in Theology instead, which for a lot of people won't probably be helpful, but I'm trying to get a job with the Government to work with foreign nations, and if I get sent somewhere with strict religious beliefs (like most of the Middle East), then I'll know at least some about their religious beliefs so I can avoid saying stupid shit and messing the whole thing up.

What is it that you want to do? You should probably figure that out and base your minor in that. Like if you want to make video games, you might want to minor in Math, but if you want to work with Microsoft in the Outsource Department, maybe speaking a little bit of Chinese or whatever country they're outsourcing to would help.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Thats what im going to college for too :)
Once i get out of middle school and high school, that is ;)

I thought so too when I was in Jr. High, now I can't imagine how much I'd hate having to work with computers daily.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
(very off topic)

I thought so too when I was in Jr. High, now I can't imagine how much I'd hate having to work with computers daily.

Gasp!!
Blasphemy
Heretic

Computers are the way of the future, soon we will all be robo ninja cyborgs that go to college.

Varine

Reaction score

I remember those days... my friends and I were going to go and start a video game developing company. And now most of us hate each other....

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
You're Mom is telling you what to major in?
no, it's just that i wasnt accepted to the other campus because of the quota of the course. so i'll just transfer there next year. ConSci wasnt my first choice, it was ComEng.

Woah! I thought you were like 12, or 11 years old. o_O

lolz... we were born on the same year pineapple... i checked your profile.

random question:

what age would you be when you enter college?
'cause i know you guys have a different school system... 'just curious...

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
18 for most American teenagers.. but some people have started to take a year off before.

Varine

Reaction score
what age would you be when you enter college?
'cause i know you guys have a different school system... 'just curious...

Sometimes people go at 16 or 17 if they graduate early or something, but usually people go at around 18 to 24.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
i'm taking Computer Science.

a lot of ppl here can help you with that, and possibly with what precisely to devote most of your time to learning

though personally, I would have gone with a real science, those comp sci guys have become a dime a dozen

Varine

Reaction score
a lot of ppl here can help you with that, and possibly with what precisely to devote most of your time to learning

though personally, I would have gone with a real science, those comp sci guys have become a dime a dozen

Because those 'real' science classes aren't incrediably broad at all....

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Woah! I thought you were like 12, or 11 years old. o_O

ani132.gif

:p

Well, all I can say is congratulations. Good luck with college. Hope you have fun.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.