Sci/Tech Goodbye to Windows Live (and Whatever It Meant)!

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
IF you own a Windows-based PC, you may like the operating system well enough. Or you may merely tolerate it, if you give it much thought at all. But whatever your feeling, “love” probably isn’t the word that immediately comes to mind to describe it.

I bring this up because Microsoft acts as if its customers have a strong affection for all things Windows. For the last seven years, it has tried to make Windows the anchor brand for software that is not an operating system.

An array of products, with no natural connections to one another, have received the “Windows Live” moniker. Windows Live Essentials, for example, was the name for a suite of software products that could be installed on a PC, and included photo management, video editing and instant messaging. Windows Live Mesh provided file synchronization among one’s personal computers, including Macs. And the list went on: Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Search, Windows Live Toolbar, Windows Live Family Safety, Windows Live Writer, and others.

It was folly.

Read more here.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
Know what? I still preferred the older Windows Live Messenger.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
It's pretty funny considering how many people use a Microsoft OS, that Microsoft can't get us to use their products. A little bit of outside thinking could go a long way for them.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I use win7 winXP and win98 and nothing else made by microsoft.
Even if i would have a use for those kinds of programms i prefer not to be dependant on a single company and try to get my stuff from many different sources. Imagine microsoft would suddenly turn into some kind of monster inc or maybe they would go down. I would not just lose support of a single programm but all of them at once.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.