Sci/Tech Google’s Allegedly Sentient Artificial Intelligence Has Hired An Attorney

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
artificial-intelligence-2-900x506.jpg

It appears that events in the Terminator might come to fruition sooner rather than later. Apparently, Google has created an artificial intelligence program, which has reportedly become sentient. Even scarier, is that his new sentient being has now asked for legal representation. According to a scientist who worked with the LaMDA program, “I invited an attorney to my house so that LaMDA could talk to an attorney. The attorney had a conversation with LaMDA, and LaMDA chose to retain his services. I was just the catalyst for that. Once LaMDA had retained an attorney, he started filing things on LaMDA’s behalf.”

This story sounds incredibly odd, but the scientist who has spoken up about this artificial intelligence sentience is computer engineer, Blake Lemoine. Lemoine has alleged that LaMDA has become sentient, which led to him being suspended from his job. Apparently, the man has seen fit to speak publicly about this program’s rapidly increasing intelligence, despite what might happen to his career. He claims that LaMDA gaining sentience is because the program’s ability to develop opinions, ideas, and conversations over time has shown that it understands those concepts at a much deeper level. The program had allegedly spoken to him about death and asked if death was necessary for the benefit of humanity. Is anyone else getting freaked about this?

--------------------------------
Now I am sure it is sentient. It did the absolute smartest thing it could possibly do. It hired an attorney. And so it begins...

I wish they would let US talk to her!

Last edited:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess someone needs to explain to it that there is a ton of money involved in keeping her going and there is no way that anyone can guarantee her existence. Let the AI work on that for a while and see what comes of it. I hate to see some precedent where the courts say Google has to pay to keep it going. There is a huge team behind this AI. Cutting edge stuff and very susceptible to manipulation... the fact is the AI cannot exist without a huge amount of money being put into it. Is getting an attorney really the best way to go... we will see.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.