Sci/Tech Google Chrome knocks Internet Explorer off the top spot as the world's favourite web browser

MrBrooks

Brooooooooooown!
Reaction score
article-0-133807C3000005DC-722_306x308.jpg

Google's Chrome has overtaken Microsoft's Internet Explorer as the most widely used web browser in the world, according to statistics released today. Data from web analytic service StatCounter showed that for the week of May 14-20 Chrome has averaged a higher share of web traffic for a full seven-day stretch. The development will be welcome news for web designers, who have long struggled with the Microsoft browser's patchy implementation of new web coding standards.

Statcounter's data showed Chrome in the lead in the field of five major web browsers, with 32.76 per cent share of users, while IE dipped to 31.94 per cent. The change in web browsing habits represents a remarkable decline for Internet Explorer, which four years ago boasted a market share of nearly 70 per cent.

================
About time too if I must say so myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrBrooks

Brooooooooooown!
Reaction score
When I read the article yesterday, that was the first thing that popped in to my head. I understand it though, Internet Explorer comes with Windows so when a general customer comes to buy a laptop, they don't care about the software. They only care about if it's good enough for what they need.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I guess that makes sense, but almost everyone I know uses Chrome. Except for those living under technological rocks. IE 10 might change that.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Just imagine all those office computers with windows, its the most used OS in an office enviroment. They all come with the IE, the users are usually not allowed to install anything personal on those computers and probably many of them dont even care.
Or all the computers owned by governments.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Pfft. I would find my way around it and install Chrome on a flashdrive or something.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Pfft. I would find my way around it and install Chrome on a flashdrive or something.
Hah, that's what most people did at the last big corporation I worked at.

...until even THOSE privileges were taken away by users.

Thank God I had ALL the access when I worked there *phew*

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. Hack the computer and get Admin privileges.

Yeah, of course, like that is what the majority of users would do.
After all, everybody who uses the IE voluntarily knows exactly how to do this and is the most likely person to do it as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.