Grammar: Difference between formal speaking and chatting.

Zakyath

Reaction score
when writing in english, I don't really bother. it's not my native language, I'm not fluent in it, and it's just too damn time consuming, since I only use english on online forums such as this.

although when it comes to swedish I know how (you're seemingly supposed to) write correct. In swedish I don't mix up spoken and written language. It's not really accepted here to write incorrectly; although of course many still do. they don't think we, who know how to express ourselves correctly, look down on them. we do.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Laugh - sounds like Laff, soft 'a'.
Love - sounds like Luv, soft 'u'.
You guys can always check out dictionary.com, that tells you how to pronounce words.

no offense, but I don't think it's that easy. you're writing how it's pronounced in words, but the phonetics as still foreign to those who didn't know them by heart. in fact, it is extremely hard to learn phonetics which you aren't exposed to and taught during your childhood. haven't you ever met an immigrant, who has come to YourEnglishSpeakingCountry as an adult? often they can learn to read and write flawlessly, but still have problems with pronunciation.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
208935_10151230482578136_666196969_n.jpg

^ it really can make a difference

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.