Guitar Hero 4

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
GHII is 3x better than GHIII.
I can certainly agree with that. Yes, Activision did mess up GHIII, but the main setlist was still killer.

None of these songs are anywhere close to what the real notes are on a Real Guitar.
So? Guitar Hero is about entertainment, not playing a real guitar. It's not the same argument, I suppose, but you could use the example of the people who say "learn to play a REAL instrument!"; people play Guitar Hero as a game, not a musical instrument, for entertainment for themselves, not for others (If they do take it that seriously though then they deserve to be subjected to some form of audio-visual torture).

As for the rip-off thingamajig, well, yeah, I'll give it that Harmonix made GH in the first place, but like you said, Guitar Hero is the same thing as Guitar Freaks (which I mentioned earlier), and guess who made Guitar Hero in the first place? Yep, Harmonix. So who ripped off Guitar Freaks? Yep! Harmonix! Like I said, every game borrows from others, it's just the natural process (football games do it all the time, as do stealth games, FPS games, the list goes on), or else they would lose out in the end.

But yeah, I do agree that Activision made a mess of #3. If they do the same for #4 then that won't stop me playing it but your argument will certainly have more validity in my view :p

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I'll be buying it just because I enjoy music games.
Though I'm kinda upset I'm going to have to find somewhere to store yet another huge freaking drumset...

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Though I'm kinda upset I'm going to have to find somewhere to store yet another huge freaking drumset...
Have you got a real kit? My brother has and it takes up most of the room available, and there's the added negative that migraines are much more frequent and the building's foundations don't last as long :p

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Bump. With added Moxie!

If you want more detailed information than I put forward in the first post, then check this article.
For those too lazy to even do that, here's a quick sumary of what I didn't mention last time:
New Guitar! I'll probably get it anyway despite the fact that you can still use the GHIII guitar. Why? A) There's a swanky touch pad on the neck, which is used extensivly with the song editor and can also be used in game in a manner similiar to the wammy bar. Did I mention it's touch sensitive?
B) The "Select" button which was used to activate Star Power in earlier GH games is now
also a touch-sensitive pad (I think) located as a strip to the right of the strum bar, made to look like the Bridge (I think). It is also used extensively in the song editor to mimic palm muting. In game its function will remain to activate star power, but it should be easier now.
And, it's bigger!
guitarheroworldtourfirstk3.jpg

The song editor (and by extension all of the customisation featured) just keeps sounding better and better. There's no way I can summarise it here, you'll have to check the article.

Some small points to note:
- The Bass apparantly now has a sixth button (on screen) which represents an open note, i.e. strum without holding a fret.
- The drum kit follows a basic real-life set-up: Snare, two Toms, two Symbals, and a Bass. The Snare and Toms are bigger than the Rock Band kit, though they are the same size (as each other).
- The song editor has great depth; but is also easy enough for newbies to jump in and use. You make songs at the default "Expert" level, and the game generates the easier difficulties.
- Speaking of difficulty, there's one being added that will make even my sister capable of playing it. It's called "Beginner".

Oh, and there's now some more stuff that might be confirmed for the tracklist (I almost forgot about that :p). It is likely to feature:
* Linkin Park
* Van Halen
* Sublime - "Santeria"
* Billy Idol - "Rebel Yell"
* Foo Fighters - "Everlong"
There's also several rumours doing the rounds that Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins will be amongst the Boss Battles. Did I mention that has changed for GHIV? I'm not sure how it works now but I'm pretty sure it isn't battle mode.
Oh, and Joe Satriani stated in an interview that either "Surfing with the Alien" or "Satch Boogie" would feature.

Well, that's it for now. I'm off to get a job so I can pay for this thing :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.