Gyrocopter's missile (dota)

wirawiki

Reaction score
I am planning to make a skill (from DotA 6.68 and above). The skill is targeted to an enemy unit.
1) It will create a dummy missile that will not move for 3 seconds.
2) The missile will move towards the enemy unit with (522).
3) The missile has 3 HP, that can only be attacked by heroes.
4) If the missile hits the enemy unit, it will do (100/200/300/400) damage and 2.5 seconds stun.
5) After the missile hits, the dummy unit is destroyed.
6) If the missile can be destroyed before it reaches its target, the target will not receive any damage and stun.
7) The dummy missile cannot be controlled.
How do I make it? Please explain with details, comrades... I'm newbie!

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
1. Go to Object Editor and create a dummy unit with the missile model.
2. Base the spell off a Target spell such as Storm Bolt. And change the movespeed.
3. Go to Object Editor and go to the dummy and make the dummy have 3 hp.
4. Object Editor - Damage and Stun. [If your basing on Storm Bolt] [Btw this step im not so sure cuz I don't use WE much nowz]
5. The dummy will disappear if basing on Storm Bolt.
6. This is default. If the missile dies the missile just disappears.
7. Make the owner of the dummy unit Neutral Passive.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Whoareyou has everything right, except a few,
2. Base a spell off of the spell "Channel", change it to a unit ability, make it not have a follow through time, make sure under Data Options - Visible is checked, and disable other abilities - False. When you create the dummy unit, change MS to 0, then every .03 seconds, add like 2 MS until its 522.
4. False, the missile does damage based upon how far away the unit has moved, probably divides the target location they were at, by the damage or something, I'd have to check on that one.
5. False again, it won't disappear, you have to remove the dummy unit when it hits the enemy.
7. Give the unit Locust, it makes it invulnerable and removes targetability.

I could make a spell like this in vJass or GUI, I'd prefer vJass, but still.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
When you create the dummy unit, change MS to 0, then every .03 seconds, add like 2 MS until its 522.

You will need a dummy ability to change the movespeed.

7. Give the unit Locust, it makes it invulnerable and removes targetability.

I don't know how he wants it for his own spell, but in DotA the missile can be destroyed by attacking it before it hits its target, so it should not have Locust.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Just make the unit type different and then change all unit's Able To Attack things to Unit and Hero [just no the type of unit the dummy is]

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
You will need a dummy ability to change the movespeed.

I don't know how he wants it for his own spell, but in DotA the missile can be destroyed by attacking it before it hits its target, so it should not have Locust.

No, you can change MS with triggers.

No you can add locust. Units will still auto attack it. It's just not a very good idea.

Basically you want to use a sliding dummy. Create one upon the ability's casting and make it move along periodically.

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
I think the number of attacks thing is some kinds of Hardened Skin

2 Hardened Skin:
- first: reduce 9999999 damage with min = 0, target: non-hero
- second: reduce 9999999 damage with min = 1, target: hero, structure

wirawiki

Reaction score
NeuroToxin said,

Whoareyou has everything right, except a few,
2. Base a spell off of the spell "Channel", change it to a unit ability, make it not have a follow through time, make sure under Data Options - Visible is checked, and disable other abilities - False. When you create the dummy unit, change MS to 0, then every .03 seconds, add like 2 MS until its 522.
4. False, the missile does damage based upon how far away the unit has moved, probably divides the target location they were at, by the damage or something, I'd have to check on that one.

For no.4 I actually had to made that, but it's too complex...

wirawiki

Reaction score
So, how does the skill created? The details I mean what abilities that I have to make, what the dummy units have and the most important... The trigger structure?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
So, how does the skill created? The details I mean what abilities that I have to make, what the dummy units have and the most important... The trigger structure?

Whoareyou and Neurotoxin already gave you everyhting you need to know. Read their first 2 posts in this thread.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.