Hard one, may need lua script

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That's very lol Nestharus, I don't ask you to teach me lua.
it's too hard to make it?

show me what to put in my map, I copy paste and I am done.
I don't know how to start how to read code, anything, but when you post the code I have to have in my map then I try to figure out and make sense.

Today I learned by myself that GetItemTypeId number is an ASCII based on item's objectId value, I figure out how the numbers come from an 'acab' integer for example, and I made a backwards function that returns from 1633771873 the 'aaaa'.
And that is because I know maths, advanced maths, and how to solve a math problem of whatever type.

I learned jass from other's projects, and not from tutorials. When I learned jass from tutorial I only knew how to make some maths but didn't know anything about other things, I said wtf how come the other make custom spells.

For lua I don't know anything because I have no experience at all.

PS: If you don't want to post the code just say "I quit, moron", and I request to close thread and we are done.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
PS: If you don't want to post the code just say "I quit, moron", and I request to close thread and we are done.

Thou shalt not request your code to be written for you. -- The Rules

It shouldn't be too hard to write 25 methods (or is it 50?). If you know another language, you can write some code to generate these methods. If you're really serious about this, learn lua. If you have few uses of these variables and don't care about efficiency, you can use a hashtable, StringHash, and replace all of the variable set/gets with 2 methods that pass the name of the variable as a string, and store the values in the hashtable.

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I asked politely, if he can give me the code, then simultaneously I will understand how to apply a lua script (because I don't know what event triggers the script) and he will refresh his skills in lua.
Even I learn lua, I won't understand how to apply it in a game like WC3

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I asked politely, if he can give me the code, then simultaneously I will understand how to apply a lua script (because I don't know what event triggers the script) and he will refresh his skills in lua.
Even I learn lua, I won't understand how to apply it in a game like WC3

You can always read up. How do you think Nes himself learned Lua in the first place?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.