Harry Potter Magic Fight

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
add them into an unit group after creation.
Well, cool! so many hidden places.
What's with a locust unit on the top right? it is indicated as a neutral hostile.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Another suggestion :
Implement a FFA mode.
(Free For All)

After all, it's an arena :)
Some people ought to get bored with only 2 teams.
We want FFA! :D

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I have an expanded idea off of Rae. There can still be teams, but each player should be able to change teams from Order, to Deathwizards or w/e, and also Loner. If you are a loner, everyone can attack you, including other loners.

But to make it actually fair, there is a, like, cooldown for the betrayals, say 3 minutes or so. And you should make each team have like a racial buff i.e.:

Order
The Oder's Formation - When you are near an ally (400 radius?), you gain more <low> health, <low> health regeneration, and <low> mana regeneration.

Evil Team Thing
Tainted Heart - gives each spell a 10% chance to deal extra <weak> damage and stun for 1 second. Targets can only be affected by this every 3 seconds. Also increases mana regeneration <low-medium>.

Loner
Betrayal's Guilt - decreases health and mana, but increases movement speed by 10%, gives each spell attack a 10% chance to slow the target by 50% for 2 seconds, and gives a passive "Hide", which works at night and makes you invisible if you don't move. Targets can only be slowed once every 4 seconds.

Those are just examples.

set

Reaction score
I doubt anything from this will be implanted , if you read HP books , i think everything is going to be acording to tham!
But we will see...

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Different modes? ummm...

I dont know, but we had this idea about single player mode, where you must duel with Dumbledore, or Voldemort. They would be really ImbA and they would had somekind of AI. This is however, not in plans right now. FFA -mode just might be fun, so maybe , maybe..

That Marauders Map Idea was good, thanks :D, Im going to create it. It causes pings in minimap every few seconds for that player who owns it.

Set is right , we are going to make this so much Harry Potterish as we can. But ofcourse its just our vision of J. K. Rowlings magical books.

:)
:D

TurboJyri

Reaction score
Very good map! Dueling Voldemort / Dumbledore idea sounded good! After the map make that duel thing!

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
ah... some more spells would be good. Why don't make more than 1 type of wand?
Wand 1 --> basic spells
wand 2 --> advanced killing spells
Wand 3 --> Advanced supporting spells

And some spells that can kill other spells would be good (not bounced)
Normal vs Normal
-->o 0<--
------>o0<------
o<---->0
Normal vs advanced
-->o X<--
------>oX<------
oX<--
or
-->o X<--
------>oX<------
X<--
or
-->o X<--
------>oX<------
X<--
|
|
V
o
would be fun:thup:

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
That wand levels system sounds bit complicate to me :/, but it reminds me of this one idea Lillerinmuna had once. He had this idea of Elder Wand, Teh ImbA Wand that pwns everyone and there is only one of them in game. You would be able to kill that person who has it, or steal it with expelliarmus. Only problem is, that we couldnt figgure out what kind of powers Elder Wand would actually give.
Only Idea we came up to was shorter cooldowns for spells. ( more spamming ftw :D)

But if someone has better idea you could post it here.

And R@i, if I understood those your pictures right, there was one nice idea that could be used for Elder Wand: Elder Wand missiles would not bounce back when colliding to other missiles, but knock them out of their way and continue towards enemy. That would make Elder Wand little bit more dangerous.

About Next Version:

What I have created: Invisibity Cloak, Crystal Ball and Marauders Map.
What I still need to create: Weasley Bros. Protego Hat and Lillerinmunas gold income idea system.

Elder Wand can wait, now I just want to release next version.

Thanks for ideas, I might not use them :eek: but they give me new ideas. I really enjoy reading your posts :)

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey hey!

I tried it with more of my friends - they said the bouncing spells were cool!

Now that I have tried it again, and that you are gonna release the next version(yay, with Marauders Map), are Crucio, Imperio spells as such still visible and travel at a slow speed? :(

Cuz it would certainly look more like the real ones. Apart from these, other negativitys are imbalanced spells, hotkeys and terrain! (Not that I could do better but... :rolleyes:)

And more ideas!
Doors with Alohomora... and more blocking spells? Sorry am out of ideas suddenly. :(

But I <3 this map! :thup:

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Hotkeys of course !
I was sure I forgot something. Thanks for reminding me :)
I have never learned to use hotkeys, even tought I have played war3 for God knows how long. Thats propably why I forgot them :/

Thanks !

TurboJyri

Reaction score
I think elder wand should make every of your spells unblockable, then it wouldnt be that imba, but then the spell projectiles shot with elder wand should be abit different to know that it cant be dodged.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I have done all the coding for next version, as well as some art for loading screen. Lillerinmuna is currently doing something to it. (Im not sure what he is exactly doing).

Oh he is now asking me to come bnet, which means we are doing final tests right now. If there is no bugs, you will propably see next version today or tomorrow.

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I am gonna try it, with only 4 other friends, sad case, but so far they have been rocking with your map! :)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I just noticed that items are something like 10 times so expensive than they should be. I guess we have to release new version again, because right now noone will ever get enought gold to buy them. :/

I hope you like my loading screen art. :D:D:D:D:D

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
}#37 Viikuna
Yep the loading screen was quite a surprise, and of course nicely drawn!

I found the PIPES pathway only today, LOL. And, yeah the items are very expensive.

Also... are spamming of spells allowed? Cause in the real wizarding world, I doubt a person can cast 10 spells within 2 seconds...

Casting time maybe? ;)

set

Reaction score
There shoudnt be cool down , this is more interesting :p a mass of spells going toward you ...... xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.