Harry Potter Magic Fight

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
But Casting Time will make it a bit harder to counter spells.
I remember that time when I played with my friend, we close in to each other, and both were spamming spells at each other.
Yes, the spells bounced at each other, which was fun :D
(the one who could chain all 7 spells will win)

Wait, if I remember correctly, there is a spell called Bombarda or something?
Make it do AOE damage! :p

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
I have an idea, the three items of the peverly bros.

Not sure if that was spelled right, but here it goes.

Invisibility Cloak (Invisibility, You have it already)
Ressurection Stone (Just Summons Spirits to Help You)
Elder Wand (More Spamming :p )

Anyway... good luck.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments :D

We are planning to include Elder Wand to the game, but Im not sure what kind of powers it should have. I know that it is supposed to boost all of your magical abilities, but what that exactly means in game, I do not know. Lillerinmuna is having lots of crazy ideas, but nothing I would like to include.

Im also going to make more spells. This time they are not going to be spammable missiles, but some kind of suportive abilities. Maybe some spell that changes your vertex color, making you transparent and hard to see, for example.

I dont know if spell spamming fits in Harry Potter world, but I personally like it :D The key is to focus on dozens of projectiles at same time and dodge them all, this is kinda hard :) The other option would be fast moving projectiles, but then you would have to aim carefully and game would be very different.

If you have a good team you can also make a linear formation and spamm spells to enemy, this is very effective sometimes. There is allways a danger of hitting your allies instead of enemies, thats why I rarely even use AvadaKedavra. Stupefy is a lot of better, since stun can be cured, afterall.

Many people have asked why should they use any other spell than Kedavra, but I think that all spells are very usefull. (Well, maybe not expelliarmus, but still.. :) )

Anyways, Im quite happy of what I have created :) , I hope you like it too.

Thanks again, everybody !

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Cool, but changes of hotkey make it better and harder (yeah, coz we've accostumed to it)... but its ok.
Magic hat? what's that for? It disappears w/o any effect imo.
Item drops upon death... very risky. I love that.

Wow, more secret ways in sewer? cool
How can u make that custom minimap? looks real from HP!

Hmm... can ya tell me how to enter hogward's schol?

set

Reaction score
Yeah great job Viikuna , i got few suggestions as well ,
When user have all 3 deahly hollows there should be some bonus , althouh i cant remember anything what bonus should be , or how will act stone of ressuraction :p

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
} #45 set
Invulnerability? Lol.

I still don't like the idea of spamming of spells.
I wonder how do wizards say "Avada Kedavra", "Stupefy", "Crucio", "Imperio" ... in a matter of a few seconds.
:(

TurboJyri

Reaction score
Hotkeys still doesnt work. And what about if those 2 healing spells would be normal skills, not in spell book,

set

Reaction score
} #45 set
Invulnerability? Lol.

I still don't like the idea of spamming of spells.
I wonder how do wizards say "Avada Kedavra", "Stupefy", "Crucio", "Imperio" ... in a matter of a few seconds.
:(

I didnt said invurnability , but some bonus ! When he gather all relic , maybe something like ... hm il tell when i come up with some idea ...

Thay dont , some can do it without saying the words ...!

Anyway ... book names should be renamed , book of evil magic > book of offensinve spells
and book of good magic > book of defensive spells !

That my opinion GL

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Um... "Offensive" and "Defensive" don't exactly sound that great imo. Something more magical (like good or evil for example) makes it more... magical. :)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Good and Evil Magic ?? o_O ?
I dont know where are you getting those names, spell book names are currently: Spell Book I, and Spell Book II.

Anyways we have found few bugs and item prizes are too high and there is some things I forgot to do, so there will be a bug fix version coming soon.

Hot Keys dont work?, damn! Im starting to hate those Hot Keys...

Someone asked about minimap picture. Lillerinmuna made that image by himself and imported it to the map. If Im not mistaken, there is some path you need to know, in order to replace game minimap.

o_O

PiCkstix

Reaction score
Could I ask you a question relating to giving me some help? :)D)

In your map, which I really think is awesome, you used moving projectiles, right? When you made them bounce off any object (walls, tables, other projectiles etc.) did you use regions or the pathing of the object?

I am just curious to see how you did it, which can help me alot...
(If this was off-topic, I'm so sorry :eek:)

On-topic:
Pros:
-Nice terrain
-Realistic Projectile movement
-Great ability effects

Cons:
-Map is tooooooo big (and I mean WAY to big :p)
-Hotkeys don't work for spellbooks

Are these bugs, or me being stupid?
-Stupify "kills" the Caster if it is the last in the team that round
-The same above for some other spells

I don't know if these are bugs... but I tried. :D

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Um... how would you make that using a region?

Anyway, can someone host this on East? So we can have a super-magic-(mepwnyou)fest-duel-game. :) Becuz I can't host... :( :D

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Stupefy can kill unit, but it also makes it stunned. Stun is made by storm bolt, which stun duration is set to 0. (That means it lasts forever) Thats why stunned unit is "out of the game", and if all alive heroes in one team are stunned, that team loses. Same thing works with Imperio. You can revive stunned Heroes with that one spell ( I dont remember its name lol :D). Heroes under Imperio - Mind Control will be set free, if the Hero who is Mind Controlling them dies.

Im hosting this in Northerend, and so is Lillerinmuna.

Im using Vexorian´s Pathing Test -function for projectiles.

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I didnt said invurnability , but some bonus ! When he gather all relic , maybe something like ... hm il tell when i come up with some idea ...

Thay dont , some can do it without saying the words ...!

Anyway ... book names should be renamed , book of evil magic > book of offensinve spells
and book of good magic > book of defensive spells !

That my opinion GL

I was suggesting invulnerability.

Plus, some can do it without saying the words, yes, but it is super unrealistic to have so many spells in one go.
There still exists the waving of spells - one wave should take at least a few milliseconds.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Nah... the head is funny dude.
I dont really get how the hat works. In a single game (just testing) I simply tested it by hitting myself with my own spells. SOmehow it didn't work.

In a game with my friend, i lost my wand and runs away. Spells are blocked.

So my question is : "is this hat only blocking enemies' spells?"
If yes, i suggest you to fix it coz spamming spells r the main point, and you'll get hit by your own spells as much as your opponents'
If no... seems like I must check it out.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
New version!

I fixed some very evil bugs. Invisibility Cloak and Marauders Map are now cheaper. Link is in first post.

TurboJyri

Reaction score
I went to test the map hoping that you had fixed the hotkeys... But you hadnt :/ , so what about posting next time fixed version!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?? And I mean those spell book hotkeys.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Actyally, HotKeys are fixed, they are QWERTASD -style now. I just forgot to remake those tooltips. :/

SpellBook II is Q
SpellBook I is W ( if I remember correctly )

Anyways, me and Lillerimuna are working with new Gladiotor map, so next version of Potter might get delayed. I dont know yet. And it is summer coming and school is about to end and I dont really feel like coding, so we will see..

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I have stopped working with this project, mainly because I have a new one.
Me and Lillerinmuna are working with new Gladiator -arena map, so there will not be any updates to this map for some time.

I will propably come back and make a new version with Elder Wand, I just dont know when.

I will make a thread for that Gladiator map when I have playable version ready.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.