Having Ipod Classic Problems

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
My friend gave me his iPod classic and told me if I can fix it I can have it, but if I fix it i'll end up giving it back, but anyway...

The computer recognizes it, so there is a plus.. But, every time you right click it in "My Computer", my windows explorer freezes.

I was going through his ipod and it says it is full of 80GB os "Other", but there is no music no videos no games no photos no nothing on it :confused:.

Tried putting it in disk mode, that doesn't work coz it won't even go into disk mode.

I just tried to safely remove the ipod and the safely remove thing froze too, also a thing popped up to install drivers for it and that froze too, its like anything that involves the ipod freezes but everything else is fine.

Got any ideas?

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Restore it if you don't need the data on it. Otherwise try formatting the iPod, also only if you don't need the data. It seems like the drive is damaged somehow so the computer cannot tell what is is formatted as, I believe it should be FAT32. Check this by right clicking on the iPod in explorer and clicking inforamtion, it should say something there. Incase that doesn't freeze everything up that is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.