Healing Wave Group Cast

jwallstone

Reaction score
Has anyone else been unable to get a single dummy caster to cast Healing Wave on each unit in a group? For some reason, it only works on the first unit. I'm already filtering out units that are at full life. Is there something that prevents this particular spell from being cast multiple times instantaneously?

Everything with the caster is set up right, since I have plenty other spells that can be cast instantaneously on multiple targets.

I've tried using a Finger of Death with negative damage. It casts on all units correctly, but the lightning effect only shows on the first one. Is something buggy with the Healing Wave lightning effect?

Baltazhar

Reaction score
It sounds like it may be a bug.
Initially I thought I had the answer, but it doesn't seem to be the problem here.

I know that this is a hardcoded limit for casting in Wc3 - If the same unit has to cast e.g. Chain Lightning (goes for Healing Wave too), it can't cast a new until the first Chain Lightning is done and removed.
Even with a cooldown of 0 seconds, you still need to wait until the first Chain Lightning has hit all it's intended targets, before the model is able to cast a new.

Could this be the issues?
When I can multiple chain-spells, I have several dummy units cast one each. Works perfect every time.

- Balt

Jirinal

Reaction score
Ya Baltazhar is right, some spells are like this. You can reduce it a bit with
Art -CastPointBackswing
or something like that, though it probably wont do much in this case.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.