[HELP]How to change the HotKey of an ability during the game?

TERRYperfect

Reaction score
This means I should create 26 abilities which has the same effect and the different Hotkey at least....

This looks horrible... makes the map greater and greater ....

I

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Sorry, that's the only way. =\ If you really want customizable hotkeys, you should designate a few key ones to use. Eg: QWERTF

That way, you only have to make 6 of each if you want to change the hotkey.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
You could use RTC. But... I don't think you want to do that... The only way is to do as the above state.

An easy way to create the same ability over and over easily is to use the object merger.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
RtC = Reinventing The Craft. It's a modification of WC3 to add custom things to it. Like custom natives.

Object Merger is something you would use like this:

JASS:
//! external ObjectMerger w3u hpea mine unam "This is my custom unit's name" etc etc etc

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
what is RTC?

As Sevion said, it is a mod. It adds things like keyboard detection. However, it isn't that multiplayer friendly. (each person playing the map has to have RtC) And the events don't really let you detect which player the event is firing for.

There is a tutorial for the object merger somewhere here by Azlier. Although, it might be faster to just do it manually than to learn how to work the object merger properly. :p It is still good knowledge to know, though.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Actually, once you get it down (It only takes like 2 minutes of fiddling) it makes it go much much faster. Especially if you use [ljass]//! externalblock[/ljass] blocks with lua.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Download NewGen and update JassHelper to the latest.

Btw, Object Merger requires no JASS. It's actually very simple.

[ljass]//! external object merger w3u hfoo mine unam "THIS IS MAH CUSTUM UNITZ!!!"[/ljass]

Would copy a footman, give it the ID [ljass]'mine'[/ljass] and name it "THIS IS MAH CUSTUM UNITZ!!!".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.